* Sent both girls off to daycare and immediately headed over to my sister's house to help her get ready for a job interview. (With her broken leg, she can't walk AT ALL and needed some help with stuff.)
* Took her to her interview.
* While waiting for her while she was being interviewed, I finally started the book that's been in my sidebar for 2 months.
* The not knowing was driving me insane, so I emailed the HR girl at the company I interviewed with last week with a total lie that I received another job offer today, but that I'd rather work for their company and could they please just tell me if they had filled the position yet or not. (God I suck.)
* Received an email back saying they're still interviewing and that they're making their final decision in the next week. Fingers still crossed...
* Realized that if I do get the job, I will forever have to maintain the lie about "my other job offer."
* Talked to the stupidest woman in the world today when I had to call Steve's concrete supplier with a question about his latest statement. She said (and I quote), "Well, the computer's showing that Steve has an overdue balance of $2897.76, but we don't know how the computer does its calculations and I can't tell you where that balance comes from or what it's for.
* Decided that the woman who didn't know to dial a "1" before my phone number is probably actually the stupidest woman in the world, but the woman mentioned above is a close second.
* Was bummed to see that ALL shows tonight (other than American Idol) are reruns that I've already seen. Dammit.
* Laughed out loud during afternoon "relations" again. Seriously... daytime sex and I just aren't jiving. ((((Steve))))
* Wondered where the hell good ol' GB has been. You out there, dude?
* Was thrilled when Steve suggested getting takeout for dinner.
* Phone conversation between me and the restaurant dude that answered the phone to take our order:
The bottom line? (((((Scott)))))
Me: "Hey Scott, it's Allison. I'd like to place an order." (I know the guy.)
Scott: "Hey Allison! Go ahead."
Me: "OK. I want two crocks of french onion soup. And a flounder filet sandwich."
Scott (interrupting): "The flounder sandwich is only a lunch special now. We replaced it with the chicken cheesesteak."
Me (to Steve): "Hey Steve! They don't have the flounder sandwich anymore."
Scott (laughing): "Uh oh. There's turmoil in the house now..."
Me: "Dude, you have NO idea."
Me: "OK. While he thinks, I can tell you that I'd like the buffalo chicken sandwich."
Steve (in background): "Get me that too."
Me: "Scott, make that two of the buffalo chicken sandwiches. One medium with no lettuce, tomatoes, or onions, and one hot with lettuce and onions but no tomatoes."
Steve: "And cancel my french onion soup now."
Me: "Scott, cancel one french onion soup. My husband's an ass."
Scott (laughing): "Ok."
Steve: "And get me a half rack of ribs."
Me: "And give me a half rack of ribs instead, Scott."
Scott (laughing): "Are you serious?"
Me: "Yes. My husband's an ass."
Scott: "Baked potato, fries, rice or pasta with that?"
Me: "Baked potato."
Scott: "Sour cream and butter?"
Scott: "Dressing for the salad?"
Me: "And can I have an order of fries instead of chips with my sandwich?"
Me: "And could I get cheese on them?"
Scott (laughing): "You're really pushing it now."
Me: "I'm sorry my husband's an ass."
Scott: "Twenty minutes."
* While at WalMart, bumped into the wife and son of the guy that committed suicide. Yeah, that's not an awkward moment at all. [sigh]
* Was surprised as hell (and yet somewhat happy) about the guy that was in the bottom three tonight on American Idol. (Don't want to ruin it for those that haven't watched it yet.)
* Was really pissed that a certain little dorky redhead was NOT in the bottom three tonight.
* Watched that new show, "The Loop," and laughed my damn ass off. Any show that uses terms like "ass-faced jack knocker" and "... that retarded squirrel look that you nailed like a two-dollar whore," is a show I'll be watching for a loooong time.
* Just realized that the last thing I said to Steve before he went up to bed tonight was to call him a fucker (in a totally affectionate way, of course). If he dies in his sleep tonight, I think I might feel bad. LOL!