Friday, March 03, 2006

So here's a picture of my best friend in high school (J.) and me around Christmas of 1991. Let's talk about a few things here...

Image hosting by Photobucket

First, we have the most obvious (in my opinion) fashion faux pas... J.'s ankles. Or maybe not his actual ankles so much as the condition of his jeans around his ankles. Oh... my... god... I often totally forget that guys used to do that to their pants too. What the hell were we thinking.

In keeping with the whole ankle theme, let's check out my footwear. Do y'all remember those suede lace up ankle boots that were all the rage? And if you were really cool (like me), yours had inexplicable knit sweater material sticking out the top around the ankle. Seriously. What the hell was that all about?

Now let's move on up to our shirts. I hate to admit it, but I believe I still have that sweater somewhere here in my home. Um, why? That's all I want to know. What, in the name of all things holy, would make me hang on to that thing. [shudder]

And I specifically remember the shirt J.'s wearing in this picture. It used to be one of my favorites on him and I thought he looked cool (and hot) in it. Uh, yeah. If you're Bill Cosby maybe...

Ya know, I had said that the 90's ruled and how I wish sometimes I could go back to those days. But when I see how we looked in pictures like this, I'm thinking the 90's may not have been as great as I'm remembering. ;)

3 comments:

Amber said...

OMG, the jeans around the ankles...That was the best ever.Where the hell did that look come from, anyway? Where models walking the catwalk with "pegged" jeans?

Anonymous said...

I totally disagree with you here... The 90's WERE great!!! You know why? They were so great we could walk around with clothes like that AND still feel good about ourselves while doing it. *LOL* NOW if THAT isn't a testiment about how great of a decade that was... I don't know what was! Love the post, love it, love it, love it!

EE said...

[sigh] I ALWAYS had my jeans rolled at the bottom...and so did husband...with his vans. LMAO!!

And yeah, J's shirt ROCKED!