Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

13 THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED TO ME THE PAST TWO DAYS THAT CONFIRM MY BELIEF THAT IF I DIDN'T DRINK, I'D GO INSANE

1. Steve hasn't worked a single day this week. That means he's here at home. God help me...

2. Steve & I drove 30 miles north yesterday morning to go to Lowe's and buy moulding for around the doors, windows, and large openings in the kitchen, and lights for over the island. We left (after 2.5 hours) with nothing because we couldn't decide on anything.

3. We were home an entire 30 minutes when Steve decided we should go 30 miles south to Home Depot to check there. We did buy some, but he decided to make the rest (meaning we never really had to go anywhere). We never did find lights we liked.

4. My father-in-law's girlfriend was diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer. She's only 45.

5. Due to crappy ass weather, both kids and Steve were home today and I had to try really hard not to kill all of them at some point.

6. Hannah has had to change her clothing 6 times already today and I'm predicting another 2 times before bed.

7. While the girls were both sitting in the tub, Hannah looked up at me, smiled, and said sweetly, "Hee hee. I'm peeing in the tub."

8. I found a disgusting sore on the back of Grace's ear because of her earring.

9. While in the middle of a phone interview at 10:00 this morning, Hannah walked up to me naked from the waist down, handed me her pants, and yelled, "I peed, mommy!"

10. I asked the guy interviewing me about the recruiter that originally called me, and then realized about 4 hours later that I think the recruiter I had talked to had been calling about a totally different job listing for a totally different company.

11. One of the cats puked on Steve's bed again yesterday and I had to mumble some stupid excuse (not involving cat fluids) when he asked why I had washed the quilt.

12. If I have to pick up one more fucking Lego or play dish or stuffed animal, I'm seriously going to hurt someone.

13. The above 12 entries have severely cut into my email/blog/internet boards time and I'm not liking it.


4 comments:

Kim said...

Ahhhh....now you know why I like Wednesday nights. Richard LEAVES me the heck alone! LOL!

I was wondering where you were today!

(((Alien))) Hope you're around more tomorrow!

mamatulip said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL's girlfriend.

(And all the peeing Hanna did today.)

Amber said...

Oh, dang. Prayers for your family.

EE said...

I'm so sorry about FIL's girlfriend. :(

And GOD, you KNOW I feel for you about Steve being home all wk.