Monday, March 13, 2006

All Stupid People, Raise Your Hand Please...

So there's this woman who is a recruiter. She contacted me last week about my resume. Great. She said she wanted to talk to me over the phone for a bit and then schedule an interview with her client. Fantastic. So she asked where and when I could be reached by phone. I replied back and said, "I can be reached at 555-555-5555," using that exact format for my phone number.

So the next day I never got a call from her, but I had actually forgotten about it anyway, until around 5:00 when I received an email from her. She said she had been trying to reach me all day, but couldn't get through. She said (and I quote), "I keep getting a message that says 'You must dial a "1" before the number."

Are you kidding me? First of all, don't you always have to dial "1" before a number? I mean, isn't that a given? I assure you, I am not a special person with a special phone number format. Did I really need to include the "1" when I gave her my phone number?

And second of all, if you continually receive that message, wouldn't you um, try dialing my number using a "1" before it? For the love of god...

So now I refuse to respond back to her. I will not be a part of stupid people's lives. I just can't encourage people like that.

7 comments:

EE said...

Are you fucking KIDDING me?! No. I wouldn't call her back either. I am a self proclaimed ditz, but that chick is just stupid.

[shaking head]

Allison said...

LMAO! Exactly EE! I don't care if it's my dream job. I figure any company that employs her as someone to find other employees for their company is NOT a company I want to be working for. Dear lord...

(And her name in no way implies that she's foreign. I may have given her a break if that was the case, but nope.)

Tink said...

Noooo. Omg, seriously? Sounds like she was born in the shallow end of the gene pool.

mamatulip said...

LOL. Yeah, that's really dumb, but I can so see myself doing that. Being all confused and like, "Why can't I get through?!"

Mrs. G.F. said...

OH MY GOD!

I wouldn't trust her either...if she can't figure THAT out, how ill she get you a job????????????

Allison said...

Katherine, you're from Canada. You're not supposed to know to dial a "1". LOL! But I can assure that pretty much everyone down here in the good ol' U.S. just knows to do it. LOL!

And what gets me the most is that the message she kept getting TOLD her to dial a "1" first. I mean, wouldn't you try that before you declared the person unreachable? LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Webcam voyeur montreal paxil book title the travels of jo Dell.comdell.commaine megabucks wheels of fire mercedes lackey Allergic poor lamisil Sunset fishermen spa & resort playa del carmen online dvd rentals form of hockey baby food freezer trays uk minor hockey drill Latina assholes usa junior hockey jerseys halliburton pension post retirement plans How to pick file cabinet lock archive of narcotic pain relievers by name Management professional sales training Tim hortons bunn coffee makers