QUOTE OF THE DAY
"To be a wife who is dearly loved, you also need to care well for your responsibilities in the home.... Many young women start off married life with a handicap because their mothers did not teach them how to cook; but they can learn." ~ From the book, Making Your Family Life Happy
* Sent both girls to daycare. [Insert sigh of relief here.]
* Deleted all personal files off of my work laptop and shut it down for the last time.
* Cursed the stupid ass company for sending me a box that I could barely fit the laptop in. Asses. * Used the last of my packing tape to tape up the box, hoping it's enough to keep the box shut until it gets to Nashville.
* Got a call from the granite company saying they finally got the specs for the cooktop and just wanted to verify a few things.
* Got a call from the kitchen designer immediately afterwards apologizing for wrongly telling me I didn't need the cooktop here when they came to template (I knew he had said that), letting me know that the cabinet installer would be here tomorrow and everyday after that until he's done, and that the countertops are coming on February 6th! ACK! That's so soon! It's really happening!!!
* Sent my resume to about a billion places for freelance and telecommuting work. Why can't I just hit the PowerBall?
* Didn't answer the door when the accountant knocked because I was embarrassed that I was still in my flannel jammies at 10:30 AM.
* Got yet another call from a recruiter about a job. These people are making it very hard to turn down a full-time position. [sigh]
* Thanked god there were no hidden cameras in my home (hopefully) as I danced around the room, singing like an idiot, and pretending I was a cast member of "Fame", complete with a cool spin move on my computer chair.
* Decided to start an email campaign for a remake/resurrection of the show "Fame". What happened to Leroy? I had a HUGE crush on him growing up. Update: After posting this, did a search and found out he died in 2003 of complications due to a stroke. He was 41 (holy SHIT!) and was also HIV positive. :(
* Did answer the door when someone knocked around noon (because I was dressed at that point).
* Opened the door to find my friendly neighborhood Jehoviah's Witnesses, who proceeded to hand me the ridiculously outdated book I used for my daily quote up above. Wait until I start quoting from the "A Wife Who is Dearly Loved" chapter.
* Wondered if there was a way to learn whom the author of the aforementioned book is, so I can travel to wherever they are and inform them that it is the year 2006 and not 1956.
* Had catty conversations with my girlfriends.
* Still didn't start that book that's been staring at me from my blog for about three weeks now.
* Briefly considered prostitution to earn some cash.
* Realized that the amount of cash I'd earn in that field really wouldn't be worth the time and energy I'd have to spend on the upkeep of my pubic hair.
* Spent ridiculous amounts of time searching online for a kitchen faucet.
* Had a great conversation with Steve regarding what we're going to do about my soon-to-be non-existant paycheck.
* Cried as we talked about me having to put the girls back in daycare full-time again. (Seriously... who am I? I don't normally "do" crying.)
* Was surprised as hell to hear him say he'd really like me home with the girls too. (Those of you that don't know him really don't understand how HUGE this is. He's not such a big fan of spouses who generate absolutely no income.)
* Was even more surprised to find out he's nervous as all hell about Grace riding on the school bus next year. Dude, the school is RIGHT around the corner. Less than a mile. She'll be FINE. But since he grew up in town, he always walked to school, so this whole bus concept is totally foreign to him.
* Explained that this is a school in a very small town (not a Greyhound bus depot), and that she really will be OK.
* However, I used the moment to also point out that if I'm not working full-time, I could certainly drive her to school everyday and pick her up afterwards so as to avoid any potential bus catastrophes.
* Was all sorts of confused when I watched "Lost" tonight. What the HELL is going on with Charlie these days? And I want more Sayid!