Thursday, January 05, 2006
1. Woke up with my throat so sore I could barely speak. I HATE sore throats more than any other ailment or illness on the planet.
2. Got the girls off to school.
3. Sucked it up and called the vet about Salinger. (See post below for what came of it.)
4. Threw on clothing (pre-shower) and rushed him to the vet's office so I could get back home in time to meet with the electrician that was scheduled to come here at 9:00.
5. Managed to squeeze in a shower before he arrived. Thank god. I'm really not a happy person if I don't get my coffee and my steaming hot shower in the morning.
6. Laughed when the guy got here and said he was bummed I wasn't outside smoking when he got here. (Coincidentally, every single other time he's come, that's where I've been when he pulled in the driveway.)
7. Tried to log into my work email account and was told my login name and password isn't valid. Perhaps they don't have any more projects for me this month like I thought.
8. Figured they probably should've had me return their laptap before cutting me off. LOL!
9. Was excited to see the (temporary) ceiling lights all working when the electrician got done.
10. Had mixed feelings when Steve got home at noon again. Good, because that meant more work on the kitchen and work equals progress. Bad, because well, I like being alone sometimes.
11. Ate too much leftover pizza for lunch and felt like I was going to throw up for about an hour afterwards.
12. Laughed when at one point, I jotted down a few things I had to go pick up and the list said, "Cash, Beer, Cigarettes." Talk about feeling like a redneck.
13. Went and got the white trash goods on the list.
14. Was back a whopping 5 minutes when Steve asked me to go pick up drill bits at the hardware store. Yeah dude, because I didn't just get back.
15. Went and got the stupid drill bits (one of very few personal contributions to the kitchen. I even paid for them... LOL!).
16. Watched Steve and his employee kick ass on the kitchen floor. Mmmm... two hot men doing manual labor in my own home. Can't beat that. Especially when you know you really can get some from one of 'em later that night.
17. Vacuumed the area rug in the living room, which was pretty much the only productive thing I did all day long.
18. Was submerged in UPS Hell half of the day, but I think everything is finally worked out. Stupid bastards.
19. Was annoyed when the hot employee told his girlfriend to come here at like 5:00 when there was no way he and Steve were going to finish before 10:00 PM. (She had to come pick him up.)
20. Was NOT annoyed anymore when I saw how the girls were thrilled to have her here and hung her all night long, as I sat on the couch drinking beer and just chilling with the girlfriend.
21. Ate a huge takeout cheesesteak with extra cheese and pierogies with vinegar for dinner. Oink. I swear if anyone asks me why I've gained a bit of weight this past year, I'm going to point at Steve and tell them it's because he took my kitchen away.
22. Watched the original "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with the girlfriend and my girls. Although it was a nice trip down memory lane, and the girls really liked it, the Oompa Loompas still freak the shit out of me.
23. Took another little trip down memory lane when I heard "18 and Life" by Skid Row on the radio. I swear, I wanted to feather my hair and put on a pair of tapered jeans. And it still made me feel like a cool bad ass when I sang it at the top of my lungs.
24. Was thrilled when at 9:15, Hannah asked me to put her to bed, despite the sawing, drilling, and hammering still going on in the house.
25. Was ecstatic when Grace fell asleep at 10:00, again, despite the sawing, drilling, and hammering still going on in the house.
26. At this point (11:21 PM), I'll admit, I'm a little tired of the sawing, drilling, and hammering still going on in the house. I'll give Steve credit though... that dude doesn't quit a job until he's done.
27. Contemplated if it would be rude to post this and then go to bed while Steve continues to saw, drill, and hammer in the house. Would it??
Posted by Allison at 11:25 PM