QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I want to get a job as someone who names kitchen appliances. Toaster, refrigerator, blender....all you do is say what the shit does, and add "er". I wanna work for the Kitchen Appliance Naming Institute. Hey, what does that do? It keeps shit fresh. Well that's a fresher....I'm going on break." ~ Mitch Hedberg
- Hannah wasn't nearly was whiny today, and in fact, looking back, both girls were complete angels considering "construction" was going on and we were trapped in the house for like the third day in a row.
- We hit the six-week mark since Grace had her ears pierced, so we took out her starter pair and put in the cute gold kitty cat ones she got from Santa (AKA: "Mom") for Christmas. We had no problems and this in itself is hard to believe since we stopped cleaning them after like 2 weeks and I don't even know where the bottle of cleaning solution they give you is in the house. (I suck.)
- I am now on the hunt for puppy dog earrings for her (as per her request). I've found some, but none are 14K gold, which I want. A lot of them are silver or pewter, but since she's had no problems or reaction to the 14K gold, I'd really like to only let her wear those for awhile until we venture into other metals.
- I had the startling revelation today that I only have four weeks left of unemployment and no projects coming up that I'm aware of (although I haven't asked yet). Ummm.... shit? I guess I should get on that, huh?
- I also wondered if I should contact the guy at the office about upcoming projects, because perhaps they really have forgotten I have their laptop and will never ask for it back.
- I decided (just now) to break out a spoon and a jar of Nutella because I'm hungry and that sounds good.
- I laughed when Hannah pooped in the potty and I flushed it and she got very, very sad and said, "But now how are we going to look at it? I wanted to show Daddy." Poor little thing just doesn't understand that poop isn't really something we put in the scrapbook.
- I cleaned the downstairs (sort of), so now we only look like white trash (as opposed to filthy white trash).
- Casually hinted to Steve that it was going to annoy me that our old dishwasher (one we bought not that long ago and still works fine) wasn't going to match any of our new appliances once the kitchen is in. Surprisingly, he agreed we should get a new one. However, I believe he's simply caught up in the euphoria of almost being done with the damn project, and if we do decide to get a new one, I can assure you that for years to come, whenever we have a money disagreement, I'll be told that it's my fault we wasted money on a new dishwasher when our old one worked perfectly fine. (Note: I actually am perfectly fine with keeping the old one until it dies. I would like one that matches the new appliances, but I'm also not that frivilous that I'd insist on getting rid of a perfectly good one. I seriously was just commenting out loud, and was in no way, fishing for a new one.)
- Allowed my children to watch parts of "Jaws" tonight before bed. Steve and I have both seen it so many times that we know all of the scary/bloody parts WAY before they happen, so we knew when to turn the channel. Hey, I can't help it my 4-year-old daughter has a thing for sharks and snakes and other non-cute, non-fuzzy animals.