Thursday, January 05, 2006

Quick Cat Update for My Wonderful Blog Readers...

I called the vet this morning to talk to someone about what to do about Salinger. They said they'll take another urine sample to see if he still has a low-grade bladder infection/UTI. She said some cats can be controlled by being on a preventative antibiotic forever. So I agreed to give it one more shot and he's there now and we're just waiting for him to pee so they can test the sample. Even if the infection is the case and we decide to try to adopt him out, they can tell whomever takes him that he'll be fine as long as he gets his daily antibiotic. [sigh]

So that's where we stand right now. I have NO idea what we'll do yet, regardless of the results, but at least I know there's still a little bit of hope left for the big guy. Thanks for all of your thoughts and hugs so far! I really appreciate them!

11 comments:

jeanne_bean said...

Hoping antibiotics can control things!

Janet said...

I hope they can get this fixed for the kitty!

EE said...

My fingers are crossed that they can figure it out and fix it for you. *hugs*

Janet said...

EE, it is beginning to freak me out that we post frequently at the same exact time! LOL

Slacker Mom said...

Good luck, keep us posted. :)

EE said...

LMAO Janet

EE said...

At least you didn't say "fingers are crossed"...THAT would have been creepy. LOL

mama_tulip said...

Hope everything works out, dude.

geenalyn said...

hope this does the trick for salinger...((huggs)) all around

Melissa said...

Hope you get this figured out!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »