Monday, August 08, 2005
1) Took the girls to the park this morning, where I witnessed a police officer pull up and shoot a goose in the lake at point blank range. He then drove over and said he did it because they're having a real "issue" with the goose shit at the park (which is true), so he has a permit to kill one per day. Um, alrighty then... (The girls didn't see it. Just heard the shots.)
2) Walked from one end of the large park to the other three times looking for Grace's stuffed cheetah we thought she left in the corner store on the first trip. We eventually found it sitting on a bench at the playground... where, um, I had left it. DOH!
3) The three trips exhausted Hannah enough that she fell asleep as soon as we arrived home.
4) Grace fried the TV in the playroom today and I'm hoping once it dries out it works again. Otherwise, it could have fairly disasterous results for everyone living here. *sigh*
5) Apparently, Grace and Hannah didn't connect with their crack dealer today, because they were actually very well behaved and Grace was downright angelic most of the day.
6) I am well aware this won't last, but please let me live in my fantasy world until tomorrow. Thank you.
7) Washing dishes in the bathroom sink after a party for about 80-90 guests blows. Big time.
8) Steve finally changed the lightbulb in Grace's ceiling fan today (the only light in there). I realize this sounds like no big deal, but I've been bugging him for weeks. And yes, I could have done it, but it would've involved dragging the stepladder upstairs, finding a screwdriver, etc. and frankly, I just didn't feel like it. Sue me.
9) Received my college's alumni "magazine" in the mail today with updates of classmates and realized I really didn't like most of the people on campus, and that my friends are way too cool to even send in updates.
10) Number 10 is dedicated to Peter Jennings. Because he rocked and I'm sad. :(
Posted by Allison at 11:27 PM