Monday, August 22, 2005
1) Laughed my ass off when Grace saw a vending machine for live bait outside the general store and said, "Hey Mommy, I think fish come out of this thing."
2) Bought the girls penny candy that the cashier put into little brown paper bags, just like back in the good ol' days. Small towns ROCK!
3) Discovered that Steve didn't sleep on the floor after all last night, but instead, slept right on the boxspring. He said he slept better than ever before and plans to continue to sleep just on the boxspring for awhile.
4) Decided I won't be sleeping with my husband for quite a while. (Freak.)
5) Snuck out of the house to walk across the street and get the mail. Walked back in to find that Hannah had been crying and Grace had a tissue and was wiping Hannah's nose. Hannah looked right at me and said, "Gracie scratched me!" Grace got all annoyed, got in Hannah's face, and yelled her, "It was supposed to be a secret, DORK!" I was laughing too hard to yell at her for scratching Hannah. God help me and God help my children...
6) Stood in awe as I watched Grace take one of my flip-flops and throw it at the ceiling, trying to kill a fly that was up there. She hit the fucker and killed it! Rock on sister! (She may end up being a hunter after all...)
7) Took the girls to my parents after dinner so they could run around outside. It was my feeble attempt to tire them out for bedtime. However, they decided that all they wanted was for me to push them up and down the street in their double stroller, thereby only tiring me out. Damn kids...
8) Wondered why the hell I don't give the girls their baths seperately. It truly is a hellish experience every night and yet, I continue to torture myself and refuse to bathe them seperately. Because I'm stupid like that.
9) Ate popcorn and chocolate peanut butter ice cream for dinner. Because I'm cool like that.
10) Had a small emergency when Grace got a piece of sand in her eye and I had to straddle her, force her eye open and flush it out with my saline solution. Just call me Dr. Lienhard.
Posted by Allison at 9:42 PM