1) Got very little sleep due to a dry-heaving child.
2) Received a phone call at 7:00 AM from my mom, saying she couldn't take Grace to daycare because Grace had hurled all over her feather mattress (DOH!) at 11:00 the night before.
3) Luckily, it was once and done with Grace. Unluckily for me, it meant she was her usual hyperactive self today.
4) Hannah only puked on me once while the appraiser was here. It could've been worse right?
5) Had the appraiser/friend casually ask exactly how much we need the house to be appraised at in order for us to get the loan for the kitchen. And then said we'd see each other at the big Labor Day party this weekend. It pays to live in a small town apparently. ;)
6) Was thankful Hannah kept falling asleep all morning while watching TV, which meant at least she wasn't puking.
7) Received a phone call from my old company saying they have some per diem tech writing work they'd like me to do, starting after Labor Day. Sweet!
8) Talked to Steve while he was at work and he informed me he had a "surprise" for the girls... a huge plastic drainage pipe he got on site and was bringing home for the girls to use as a tunnel. Fantastic.
9) Obsessively stuck my finger in Hannah's mouth all day, checking to make sure she wasn't dehydrated. (Basically, I'm begging to catch this bug. *sigh*)
10) Got in a screaming match with my dad over the phone and then decided it was easier to just hang up on him.
11) Decided around 7:00 to take Hannah to urgent care because she was still puking, refusing liquids, and acting all glassy eyed and funky.
12) Pried Grace off my leg and felt horrible as I drove away with Grace standing there begging to come with me.
13) Took my mother-in-law with me to help entertain Hannah and keep me company.
14) Got there and mother-in-law managed to get Hannah acting fine, making me look like an idiot for bringing her in.
15) Beamed with pride when Hannah sat there and didn't make a peep when the doctor (whom I know and whom attended my wedding... again with that small town thing) examined her and even swabbed her throat for strep.
16) Was relieved beyond belief when they said they were giving Hannah a shot to stop the vomiting.
17) Felt guilty for being glad they were giving my kid a shot.
18) Mother-in-law almost pissed our pants laughing when they brought in a little basket filled with stickers after Hannah got the shot, to try to calm her down. Hannah went through the basket and picked out about 20 of them, carefully placing the ones she didn't want back into the basket (all 5 of 'em).
19) Mother-in-law shoved 20 aforementioned stickers in my purse, which means I would've been in trouble had they frisked me on the way out. Couldn't... stop... laughing...
20) Nurses offered Hannah a freezie pop which she refused, so mother-in-law and I got her to finally eat it by blowing up a surgical glove, telling Hannah it was a rooster, and telling her she'd better eat the freezie pop or the rooster would. (We acted all of this out, complete with voices.) Couldn't... stop... laughing...
21) Hannah ate the freezie pop. See? It worked.
22) While waiting for the strep test results, entertained restless Hannah by squeezing and tying the "rooster" into various other animals, making us feel like circus clowns...
23) Mother-in-law shoves 2 surgical gloves into my purse (one for each girl) next to the 20 stickers. Seriously, was she trying to get me arrested? Couldn't... stop... laughing...
24) Mother-in-law makes comment about how she hopes they don't have video cameras there. Gee. Ya think? Couldn't... stop... laughing...
25) Wondered when urgent care visits became so much fun. I'm so taking her along on all of the kids' doctor visits.
26) Came home to an already sleeping Grace and got a good 4 ounces of fluid in Hannah before she crashed too.
27) God bless whatever the hell was in that shot.
28) Don't be surprised if my mother-in-law and I are on next week's episode of "America's Most Wanted." Damn theives...