Friday, February 10, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"When people go to work, they shouldn't have to leave their hearts at home." ~Betty Bender

~ Woke up and made some mental decisions about my job search.

~ Made the mistake of telling the girls we had to go to the World's Largest General Store.

~ Had to explain for 2 hours that no, they weren't open yet and we'd have to wait a bit.

~ While in the shower, heard Hannah start screaming and Grace say, "Hey Mom, Hannah's stuck on the crib." On the crib. Exactly how does one get stuck on the crib.

~ Heard Grace help her down. I still have no idea what happened.

~ Almost ditched the whole outing when the girls spent 30 non-stop minutes arguing over which one was going to ride in the stroller first.

~ Banged my head against the wall until they were done crying.

~ Went to the World's Largest General Store (it's really called that by the way) and paid off the remaining balance on the kitchen cabinets and countertops.

~ Spent two hours walking around, wasting time so we wouldn't have to come back home and stare at each other.

~ Came home and discovered a message from the woman whom had asked for some writing samples yesterday, saying she wanted to set up an interview with me next week.

~ Had extremely mixed feelings about the whole thing, but called and set it up.

~ Was excited to hear that two of the four people I'll be interviewing with are men. I'm much more comfortable talking to men.

~ Was bummed I can't wear my boob-enhancing Hollister t-shirt to the interview. [sigh]

~ Conducted some searches online and in my Sent email folder trying to figure out which flippin' job it is I am interviewing for.

~ Found it.

~ Realized this prospective job is totally fucking with all of the mental decisions I made when I first woke up. [sigh]

~ Had no clue the Olympics started tonight. Patriotic I am not. (Apparently.)

~ Was thrilled when my mom called, offering to take Hannah with her and my dad while I took Grace to gymnastics. No 8 billion trips to the potty!!! Hooray!!!

~ Watched Grace kick ass learning her routine for their recital in June.

~ Came home and watched Grace inhale 5 pancakes in about 5 minutes... literally.

~ Realized in talking to my parents and Steve that my former salary was actually $10,000 less than I thought it was. (I could tell you down to the penny what was in my paycheck every two weeks, but my overall salary I could never remember.)

~ Then realized that because of this, when sending my salary requirements for the job I'm interviewing for next week, I actually asked for $7,000 more than I was making before, when I actually thought I was asking for $3,000 less than I was making before. And yet, they still want to interview me. Sweet.

~ Because of the above, realized I truly am an idiot. [sigh]

~ Conversation with Grace:

Grace: "Hey Mom, can I sit on your lap for a second?"
Me: [thinking the "for a second" thing was kind of weird, but shrugging it off] "Sure, Sweetie!"
Grace: [Sits on my lap and proceeds to let one rip, vibrating it on my leg, and then collapsing into a heap on the floor while laughing.]
Me: "Nice Grace. Real freakin' nice..."

6 comments:

jeanne_bean said...

Grace kicks a$$! How could you not know what she was up to, wanting to sit in your lap for only a few seconds? LOL! While chaning his diaper tonight, A farted in my face. I felt so loved.

Kim said...

LMFAO! Go Gracie!

Shanna said...

ah, jerrett likes the "pull my finger routine" thanks to his grandpa. yesterday i was on the phone with my mother and jerrett decides to body slam me (i'm laying on my bed); great, fine I was just body slammed. then he points his naked butt in my face and lets one rip. Lovely, just lovely.

mamatulip said...

LMAO at Grace. That's awesome.

Good luck with the job thing, whatever decision you make. :)

Mrs. G.F. said...

Good luck with the job thing, it's ao awesome that you asked for more money.:)

I am sitting here, racking my brain *smirk* trying to figure out where Grace learned her cute parlor trick...hmmm

;D

I have a feeling it is MUCH funnier and cuter when Grace does it.

Emily said...

Thank God my kids aren't the only ones gross enough to do dtuff like that! LOL

Good luck on the whole job mess...