Tuesday, February 14, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?" ~Author Unknown

~ Woke up and started getting Grace ready for daycare.

~ Realized a good 15 minutes later that it was Valentine's Day and that I had to send the girls' Valentine cards to school for their parties.


~ Said "Happy Valentine's Day" to Steve.

~ Laughed when he said, "Shit. I forgot all about it."

~ Said, "Yeah. Me too." [shrug]

~ Played several board games with Hannah this morning. Have you ever played a board game with a 2-year-old? It's frustrating as hell. "Hannah! NO! Put your little gingerbread man here... on the red square!... NO! Not that way! This way!..." Seriously, I have some issues to overcome, my friends.

~ Got showered and donned my cool as shit Old Navy heart tee sent to me by a friend who admitted I was only getting it because it was too big on her. Yeah. Um, thanks? ;)

~ Threw Hannah in the car to head to video store #1 to return movies we rented over the weekend.

~ Noticed on my way up to the counter that their 10 copies of "Saw 2" were already half rented, even thought they had just opened 45 minutes before then and it had just been released to today.

~ Started panicking it would be gone before I got the chance to rent it.

~ Was halfway back to the car when the girl came running out into the parking lot, yelling, "Ma'am! This one case is empty! You forgot 'Wedding Crashers'!" Fuck.

~ Was annoyed she called me "ma'am". What's up with that?

~ Drove across the street to Blockbuster, where I literally ran into the store, dragging Hannah, and running towards the "S" section of the store.

~ Was relieved to find some copies still there.

~ Laughed when I realized the other girl grabbing for a copy was Steve's cousin's wife, who said her husband had called her to tell her Happy Valentine's Day and to "gently remind her" that she needed to head to Blockbuster on her lunch break to grab a copy of "Saw 2".

~ Laughed at the Blockbuster employee. I was making conversation and mentioned that over at the other video store, they only had a few copies left. He said (with quite the attitude), "Well, they probably only have like 10 copies." I laughed and said that yes, indeed, they did only have a few. He said, "They don't hold a candle to us." Now none of his attitude was directed towards me. And I'm allll for employer pride and stuff. But jesus dude, you're like 30 years old and managing a video store (which is fine and a perfectly respectable job I might add). You really don't have to get that angry about the competition. LMAO!

~ Grabbed some BK chicken fries on my way home.

~ Justified my purchase since I only got the chicken fries and no french fries, onion rings, or soda to go with them.

~ Received a photo of EE wearing her Old Navy shirt and decided I really needed to stand in that exact same supermodel pose when I took a picture. I mean, seriously... who the hell stands like that EE? Ya freak! LOL!
~ Tried to stand like that, but just couldn't pull it off. No supermodel future for me, apparently...


~ Decided to remind all of you that the camera adds 10 lbs.

~ Snorted because whenever I hear someone say that, I think of Chandler from friends following up that statement with, "How many cameras were on you?"

~ Sent out another one billion resumes.

~ Laughed out loud when, while browsing monster.com (or some other similar job website) I saw a help wanted ad for a "Pipe Layer". I'm such a perv.

~ Spent half the day randomly screaming "VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!" when Hannah walked past me, and then tickling her until she (literally) pissed herself laughing.

~ Got a few hours of "alone time" when my mom and dad took the girls to Burger King for dinner (Grace really wanted the Spongebob Kids' Meal toy), to the library (for their first time), and then back to their house.

~ Walked into my mom's house later where Grace and Hannah handed me a card with their handprints in them and half a dozen red roses. Receiving them wasn't nearly as sweet as seeing the pure joy and excitement on Grace's face as she handed them to me. Kids rule.

~ Wondered when the hell Valentine's Day became "Christmas in February" when I saw the motherload of cards, candy, gifts, and other assorted crap given to my children at daycare and by my parents. What the hell?

~ Avoided peeing for nearly an hour because I had just changed my tampon and didn't feel like changing it again .

~ Wondered if I'm the only person who has to change their tampon every time they pee. (Stupid childbirth... grumble grumble...)

~ Had fantastic steak for dinner (which I'm happy to report, did NOT start on fire... but only because Steve made it).

~ Had another heart swelling moment when Steve let the girls do his hair, using all of the new sparkly and feathery clips they had gotten for Valentine's Day.


~ Was a bit pissed that they only showed my favorite American Idol gray haired dude for a whopping 3.5 seconds tonight.

~ Wanted to jump through the screen and punch those damn twins right in the face. What is up with those dudes? Stupid convicts. (And they really are. I'm not just saying that to be mean.)

~ Am going to hurry up and finish this so I can inhale the chocolate bar dipped in peanut butter that I've been craving for a good two hours now.

5 comments:

mamatulip said...

I can't stand like a supermodel, either. Not like I've tried or anything. Shut up.

How cool is it that Steve let the girls do his hair? That's awesome. And so is the picture of your half-snowman! He's cute. :)

I hate it when people call me ma'am too. It's just so...NOT me.

Mrs. G.F. said...

I love the Chandler comment. He had the best lines!!

Supermodel, me too. I am way too much like a goofball to pull it off.

And the ma'am thing. Freaks me out everytime. "What!! I don't look like I am in college still!!!!"

EE said...

LMAO, I ALWAYS stand like that. Shut up!

That is SO sweet of Steve to let the girls do his hair. What a rad daddy he is.

OMG, dude, I play board games w/ H all the time and have found it's usually better after I've had at least several beers. LMAO! What's worse though is my little perfectionist daugther playing w/ him, she gets REALLY mad and FRUSTRATED.

I was literally yelling at the tv last night during AI. Those twins, most esp THE ONE, pissed me off. I can't BELIEVE they let him come back. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Kim said...

LMAO! Steve ROCKS! He's such an awesome daddy for letting the girls do his hair! PIMP!

Tink said...

1. Ok, explain the tampon thing to me. I'm confused. A diagram might help. :P

2. Those pictures are great! You two are both so cute.

3. You tickled her until she peed literally?! That's awful... Awfully funny. I once scared Hoop while he was on the toilet. He said I literally "scared the shit out of (him)" Ha ha ha