Thursday, February 09, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY


"If you really want to be depressed, weigh yourself in grams." ~Jason Love

~ Sent the children off to school.

~ Was happy to see that Steve had "discovered" a box from Barnes & Noble on our back porch this morning. Huh. I wonder how long it's been there?

~ Kept smelling cat piss and finally figured out that it was on the bottom of my lounge pants that I was wearing. What... the... fuck?

~ Lisa, fix your damn blog so I can comment, will ya? ;)

~ Made a Yahoo avatar just for the hell of it, with absolutely no intention of actually using it anywhere online.

~ Cleaned the stupid litterboxes.

~ Ate a Devil Dog for breakfast. Breakfast of champions, lemme tell ya.

~ In reading Tink's blog, was reminded that growing up, I used to yell "Free Willy" at my sister. I was such a mean big sister.

~ Called to make an appointment to register Grace for kindergarten. [sigh]

~ Read the list of documents and paperwork required just for friggin' registration and cringed. Is this what I have to look forward to? Because I'm not liking it.

~ Searched fruitlessly for a birthday party invitation from one of Grace's daycare friends so I could call to RSVP and couldn't find it anywhere. Dammit!

~ The electrician arrived where we had a lively conversation peppered with "fucks" and "assholes". I dig that dude.

~ Didn't want to pee while the electrician was working in the basement because the bathroom is right above it and I knew he'd be able to hear me tinkle.

~ Received an "objectionable message" error on my Moms board when I tried to post something with the word "bullshitting" in it.

~ Was thrilled when the electrician told me he was going to use my bathroom.

~ Told him about the non-urinating cabinet installer and how disturbing I found it.

~ Laughed when he said that perhaps the cabinet guy was peeing outside.

~ Explained thaht no, I'd been watching for him to pee outside and it never happened.

~ Decided I may have admitted too much when he looked at me while laughing and said, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

~ Put away about 18 loads of laundry.

~ Laughed when the electrician left and the cabinet installer showed up 15 minutes later to finish filling nail holes and such.

~ Had a horribly embarrassing coughing/spitting coffee incident in front of the cabinet dude.

~ Was a bit sad when he was leaving since it's probably the last time we'll really ever see him. [sigh] Our sweet, non-peeing Dennis...

~ Ran to the post office for a roll of $0.39 stamps so we can stop putting two $0.37 stamps on letters.

~ Wanted to kick Steve in the nuts when he arrived home and mentioned possibly wanting to repaint the kitchen a different color. Seriously dude. You have issues. Serious, serious issues.

~ Am thrilled that both of my children poop in the potty. Now if I could just get them to flush it, we'd be golden.

~ Finally actually looked at the girls' Valentine's Day card lists for daycare and realized I'll be spending the entire weekend writing out over 50 (literally) V-Day cards for children. Yay.

~ Let Grace and Hannah "wash dishes" in the bathroom sink tonight, making a complete mess, soaking themselves, the bathroom, and all adjoining rooms.

~ Didn't care because it kept them busy while I watched "Four Kings".

~ Got a phone call that Steve's step-dad was in a car accident. (He's OK, thank god.)

~ Our friend, Jeff, stopped by causing the girls to kick it into "hyperactive" mode, running around the room with wrapping paper "capes" and jump ropes.

~ Had an emotionally draining and depressing (yet exremely calm) discussion with Steve about my job situation (or lack there of). I'm beat. Defeated. Depressed. (Not by Steve. By life in general.)

~ Just typed that and realized it sounded rather dramatic. LOL! But it really has been a sucky, sucky night.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Janet, I've added a picture of Devil Dogs. Basically, they're whoopie pies made by Drake's Cakes. LOL!

Kim Fernandez said...

SOMEBODY HIRE ALIEN, DAMMIT!!

And I'm totally impressed that you can eat a single Devil Dog. Those little bastards can't come into my house. I'll eat the whole stinkin' box in a matter of hours.

Allison said...

LOL Kim! OK, OK... so I ate two Devil Dogs for breakfast. [sigh]

And actually, it's not the hiring part that's the problem. It's that the people that want to hire me are all down near where I used to work and I do NOT want to drive 70+ miles again.

I've thought about it a lot, and it's not the WORKING part that's bothering me. It's working so far away. I HATED that commute. I'll gladly take a full-time $10/hour job... just make it be within 20-25 minutes away, ya know?

mamatulip said...

He wants to repaint the kitchen?!

Sorry you had a sucky night.

Allison said...

LOL Katherine. Yup. He's not sure if he likes the color. But I've convinced him to wait until EVERYTHING is in and then decide. It's hard to tell right now since the backsplash, trim, moulding, etc. aren't up right now. I wouldn't even care except the damn ceiling is painted too and that was a ROYAL pain in the ass to paint. But if he's the one doing it, I couldn't care less. LOL!

Lisa said...

LOL - so, I didn't know people couldn't comment, but at least I got a mention in your blog. That makes it all worth it.

It seems to work fine now. Also, does anyone know where my last post could have gone. I am missing the one from the weekend. UGH!!

Tink said...

"In reading Tink's blog, was reminded that growing up, I used to yell 'Free Willy' at my sister. I was such a mean big sister." So... You want to share a room in hell? ;)

"Bullshit" is an objectionable word? OMG. I am a total social pariah then. BTW, a co-worker called me "vulgar" the other day. I was about to disagree until I reread my post from yesterday. *Bows head in shame*