Thursday, February 02, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Life is a shit sandwich. But if you've got enough bread, you don't taste the shit." ~Jonathan Winters
~ Was awakened by the not so sweet sounds of Hannah's voice calling for me at 4:30 AM.

~ Managed to get her back to sleep and crawled back in bed.

~ Sent both girls off to daycare, but not without a fight from Hannah. [sigh]

~ Finally used my Barnes & Noble gift certificate from Christmas to order two books.

~ Sat down on the couch to read a bit and fell back to sleep.

~ Woke up with my one shirt sleeve drenched with drool. Nice.

~ Was in the middle of taking a crap when the phone rang. (That's right folks... girls crap too.)

~ Finished up and bolted for the phone. (Between kitchen stuff and job stuff, I don't like to not answer the phone.)

~ It was the appliance guys saying they were delivering our new stovetop. The "problem"? They were sitting right in front of the house.

~ Darted upstairs and wrestled myself into a bra (believe me... the shirt I was wearing required one among strangers) and darted back downstairs, just in time to open the door for them.

~ Gave about 50 mental bitch slaps away today.

~Did two loads of laundry. (And by "did two loads", I mean I took one load out of the dryer and folded it (but didn't put it away) and washed and dried another load. The second load is still sitting in the dryer and will probably remain there until I wash another load.)

~ Did Steve's business paperwork so I wouldn't hear him bitch about me not doing it when he got home from work.

~ Thought I spied Non-Peeing Cabinet Dude from my second floor window, peeing into a container in his truck, but he was just looking at some paperwork on the front seat. The guy's a freak. (Oh, and he doesn't eat all day when he's here either. Perhaps he's the living dead?)

~ Went to pick up the girls at my mom's house, leaving Dennis/Dilbert the Cabinet Dude here to root through my underwear drawer if he wanted to. Rock on dude. Sniff yourself some good undies.

~ Arrived at my mom's to discover that Hannah was being particularly... um... two tonight. God give me strength.

~ Arrived home with the children, only to be informed that I would be applying more temporary tattoos to their already half-covered bodies. How many tattoos is too many when you're not even in kindergarten yet?

~ Started getting half worried and half annoyed when 7:00 rolled around and Steve still wasn't home and hadn't called.

~ Called his cell phone and received a "The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time..." What the hell, dude... You aren't that important.

~ Smiled a little when the girls decided to "help" Dennis sweep up the saw dust, making even more of a mess. What made me smile was how patient and good he is with the kids. He's an older, squirrelly guy with big, outdated glasses and a very shy, quiet demeanor. But he truly is a really nice guy and it was sweet to see him playing with the kids.

~ Ate a fluffernutter sandwich for dinner. [sigh]

~ Steve walked in at about 7:45 and I commented that his phone isn't working.

~ He responded with, "It's hard for a phone to work when it's in concrete."

~ Laughed my ass off and was then informed that he did indeed retrieve the phone from the wet concrete, but it wasn't working anymore.

~ Told him he should've let it harden in the concrete floor he was pouring so that when the new owners move in, we could've called his cell phone, making the poor owners wonder what that weird ringing was that they would hear whenever they'd sit in the basement, watching TV. Can you imagine the fun you could have? Steve's a big ol' party pooper.

~ Had Grace hand me an adorable drawing of a groundhog she drew me in honor of today's "holiday".

~ Realized that my 4-year-old draws better than I do. [sigh]

~ Answered the phone to find Steve's friend on the other end. Lied and said Steve wasn't home yet (as Steve made frantic motions with his arms to tell me to say he wasn't here since he had just walked in and hadn't showered or anything yet.

~ Sat down and listened to the friend go on... and on... and on... for about an hour. He's a very nice guy, and I enjoyed talking to him, but I kind of wanted to kick Steve's ass. LOL!

~ Decided that "Four Kings" is one of my new favorite shows and I hope it does well. Funny shit lemme tell ya.

~ Wondered if my lifelong, inexplicable crush on Seth Green is what makes me like the show so much. Seriously, I can't figure out what it is, but I LOVE this guy!

12 comments:

Mary said...

I love Seth Green too. I tivo'd four kings but probably won't get to watch it til I'm back from DC :(

EE said...

Oh, oh!!!! I think I was close to your record in bitch slaps...probably not *quite* as many...but close. ;) I'm a team player.

LMAO about the phone. That would have BEEN hilarious.

Allison said...

LOL Janet! Well, the stove top is IN our kitchen, IN a box. LMAO! (The granite guys needed it here for Monday, since they'll install it in the granite. LOL!)

Kim Fernandez said...

This whole bitch slapping thing is making me paranoid.

I'm sorry I bitched about people smoking in my house! I'M SORRY!! Forgive me!

*sniffle*

Mrs. G.F. said...

I do the laundry thing all the time.
As a matter of fact, I've got some in the dryer waiting to fold.

I love the phone in the concrete thing, but I bet the batteries would've died before you could've had too much fun.

Tink said...

"Thought I spied Non-Peeing Cabinet Dude from my second floor window, peeing into a container in his truck, but he was just looking at some paperwork on the front seat. The guy's a freak. (Oh, and he doesn't eat all day when he's here either. Perhaps he's the living dead?" Bwahahaha. QUOTE OF THE DAY!

I don't know how this relates, but I once knew a guy who peed sitting. He claimed it was from all those years on a Navy ship. Yeah, uh riiiight.

Anonymous said...

My dad pees sitting down. It is from years and years of my mom complaining about having to clean up around the toilet. She has him well trained!

mamatulip said...

Humor me...tell me again what the fuck fluffernutter is.

Mrs. G.F. said...

Mama Tulip, I completely cracked up with your comment.

Best laugh of the day!!

Peanut butter and marshmellow creme sandwich.

mamatulip said...

Marshmallow cream? And peanut butter?

*shudder*

EE said...

No shit. And she gives ME a hard time for using Thousand Island dressing.......lol

mamatulip said...

Allison, I've been trying all day to try and comment on your post above. I can't. I'm getting the same thing when I try and post on Lisa's blog, too.

Comments that I know I've made on other blogs are mysteriously gone now and I've read that people are having the same problem. It sucks!