Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Conversation with the guy at the Chinese Restaurant Last Night...

Me: I'd like to place an order.
Him: Go head.
Me: [ramble off what we want]
Him: OK. You pick up in 10 minutes?
Me: Can I have it delivered please?
Him: Er... um... where you at?
Me: [Give him our street address.]
Him: Er... um... no know where that at.
Me: Do you have a new delivery guy? (The old one knows where we live.)
Him: Yes. My son. No know where that at. You no pick up?
Me: Well, I didn't really want to. You can't deliver it?
Him: You no pick up in 10 minutes?
Me: [sighing loudly] Yeah. I'll come get it.
Him: Thank you. 10 minutes? Phone number?
Me: [give phone number]
Him: [Rambles off seven numbers not even close to what I just said.]
Me: No. [Repeat phone number.]
Him: [Rambles off another seven numbers still not close to what I just said.]
Me: [Giving up] Uh, yeah. That's it.
Him: You pick up 10 minutes?
Me: YES!
[Hang up and beat head against the wall.]

5 comments:

EE said...

ROFL....I at least hope the food was good.

Tink said...

I never have a problem with them understanding me...

Me: I'd like a bow of poe fry lice.

You just gotta know how it's done. Ok, ok. I'm going to hell for that, I know. Put it on the list. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha Tink! At least you will go laughing!! :-)

Allison said...

LOL! It wasn't that I thought he didn't understand me. He just didn't know where our address was (it's not right IN town). It wasn't worth trying to give directions, so I just went to pick it up.

mamatulip said...

LMAO.