Monday, February 13, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Anybody who believes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach flunked geography. " ~Robert Byrne, quoted in 1,911 Best Things Anybody Ever Said, 1988


~ Woke up feeling fairly well rested since I got my ass to bed last night right after "Grey's Anatomy" (which ruled by the way).

~ Yelled at the girls a billion times this morning because they felt the need to play with water throughout the house making about a billion sloppy wet messes and causing me to have to change Hannah's clothing about a billion times.

~ Washed a bunch of dishes (still in the bathroom sink... sigh).

~ Cut up the hunk of watermelon Steve bought last night at the grocery store and hoped it wasn't spoiled since we forgot to put it in the fridge last night.

~ Gave some to Grace and she didn't say it tasted funny and she didn't throw up so I guess it's OK. [shrug]

~ Started marinading the chicken for dinner.

~ Got a visit from my dad after he had worked out at the gym. Found out my mom is taking both girls to Burger King tomorrow night for Valentine's Day. (Grace really wants the Spongebob toys that come in their kids' meals.)

~ Was surprised when Steve got home from work around lunchtime.

~ Had a nice, calm discussion (yet again) about what my options are as far as a job are.

~ Was informed that Steve would like me to save up around $10,000 to stone the entire front of the house. Dude, what are you smoking? LMFAO!

~ Put Hannah down for her nap and took Grace outside to play in the snow. (Have I mentioned how much I hate the snow?)

~ Got all mushy when Steve stopped loading his truck and went sledding with Grace for over an hour.

~ Got annoyed when he started pelting me with snowballs while laughing like a raving lunatic. Bastard.

~ Helped Grace build a pathetic excuse for a "snowman", but she was happy so it's all good.

~ Came inside and had to wash all of Grace's snow clothing (for daycare tomorrow) because in one of her sledding runs, she flipped over onto a part of the driveway with no snow and was covered in mud.

~ Drunk half a jug of V8 strawberry banana smoothie juice.

~ Panicked afterwards, thinking it would constipate me.

~ Realized that may not be such a bad thing in my case.

~ Snacked on baby carrots dipped in Ranch dressing instead of the Pringles I really wanted. (I'm still not sure why to be honest with you. LOL!)

~ Wondered if Hannah was put on this earth for no reason but to drive me fucking insane.


~ Once again, told her she's damn lucky she's so little and cute.

~ Managed to burn both of my children with scalding water when I forgot to turn off Steve's laundry before letting the girls get in the shower. (Stupid, stupid asshole. (Me. Not Steve.))

~ Played Hullabaloo and Candy Land with the girls.

~ Conversation with Grace after she kicked my ass at Candy Land...
Grace: I want to put up our tent and play Chutes and Ladders inside it.
Me: Aw Hon, I'm sorry... I won't fit in there to play with you.
Grace: Yeah. I know. That's why you can't play.
Me: (slightly wounded) Er, uh yeah. I guess not.
Grace: Or, you could just stick your head inside whenever it's your turn.

Thanks kid. You're swell.

~ Pissed Steve off when he discovered I had used his salad dressing as the marinade for the chicken. (It SAID "Dressing and 10 minute marinade"...)

~ Deeply enjoyed the chicken this evening, as did he (even though he's still bitter and admitted he wasn't even going to eat it because he was so annoyed). Dude, and that hurts me how? Loser.

~ Around 8:00, told Grace to sit on the couch while I grabbed her blanket for her.

~ Turned around literally two seconds later to find her completely unconscious and off in dream land.

~ Decided I will take her sledding ever day of the damn year if it'll help her fall asleep like that.

~ Put the girls to bed and had an entire conversation with Steve about the current status off our sex life, blow jobs, hand jobs, and a bunch of other things I could frankly care less about right now.

~ Told him at one point to either let me get him off in whatever way he deemed necessary, or to just shut up. Because either way, I wasn't missing "CSI: Miami" at 10:00... (Jesus, girly man. Enough with the damn deep discussions already. [rolling eyes])

6 comments:

Mary said...

Hmm. Sex...what's that again?

I can't wait for CSI miami, it's what I look forward to ALL day on Monday's.

I know you hate snow, but I really wish we'd get some atleast ONCE this year. They were talking maybe this week, but it's looking doubtful :( Plus there are already daffidils blooming, so snow would fuck that up...

EE said...

LOL I have no comment. I don't know what to say. Umm, rock on. At least Steve got what he really, really wanted. :)

mamatulip said...

LOL. I can really feel the love you have for Steve in this post.

Tink said...

I always wondered how kids could so easily wound adults. I think it's because they're short. They perfect level for a nice jab to the heart.

$10,000 to stone the house huh? He better start playing the lotto... Or standing on a street corner.

Emily said...

Why do men feel the need to talk about sex, and whatever sexual acts they feel they don't get enough of?

Shut up, hop on, and leave us alone, already....lol

EE said...

LMAO Emily. You just made me spit out my water. Thanks.