Wednesday, February 08, 2006

QUOTE OF THE DAY


"At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other." ~Ann Landers

~ Sent both girls to daycare and commenced with my coffee chugging ritual.

~ Sat in front of the computer, knowing damn well that I couldn't sit here all day, and hating that no one else seems to be online at 6:30 am EST. [sigh]

~ Tried to pump myself to shower and head to the tile place, 30 miles away, to try to get some backsplash ideas.

~ Failed miserably.

~ Laughed to myself again when I reopened an email one of our fellow bloggers sent me yesterday that had a picture attached of herself in my avatar's pose. [snort]

~ Decided I'm keeping that email (and attachment) because I know it'll come in handy sometime in the future.

~ Checked my two email accounts that I check maybe twice a week these days.

~ Weeded through the 150 junk emails and spam and found a whopping 2 non-spam/non-annoying emails from people I actually know and care about.

~ During this process, learned that my Barnes & Noble order is on its way. Nice.

~ Tried to pump myself to shower and head to the tile place, 30 miles away, to try to get some backsplash ideas.

~ Failed miserably.

~ Got that call from Steve, asking me to please take out the monstrous garbage cans he had conveniently forgotten.

~ Drug the stupid ass cans to the end of our driveway.

~ Realized I forgot to tell you guys about the HOT Spanish granite installer named Louie that was here the other day. Mmmmm... Long-haired blue collar worker with an accent. [Thunk! <---- Me Fainting)

~ Tried to pump myself to shower and head to the tile place, 30 miles away, to try to get some backsplash ideas.

~ Failed miserably.

~ Reminded myself (yet again) to find out who the young dude is in Love Monkey that plays Wayne and see if I can seriously buy one of his albums.

~ Did some things that should only be done in the privacy of your own home, when no one else is around.

~ Tried to pump myself to shower and head to the tile place, 30 miles away, to try to get some backsplash ideas.

~ Actually succeeded.

~ Wore the boob-enhancing shirt in the hopes it would get me some "special treatment" at the tile place.

~ Possibly (through help from the tile lady) found a marble/slate/glass tile combination that may be a nice compromise for Steve and I. (Notice I said tile lady, so my boob-enhancing shirt was a waste. [sigh])

~ Forgot to pee before leaving the tile place and drove the 30 miles home with my knees squeezed together and tears in my eyes.

~ Arrived home to find an email about a possible job and a request for writing samples.

~ Decided I'm not so sure how I feel about that. [sigh]

~ Went to pick up my children.

~ Laughed as Grace, Hannah & Steve exercised in their underwear, doing sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks, etc. (Steve was doing them for real, and the girls were imitating him).

~ Was a bit embarrassed when I realized that Grace can do a sit up WAY better than I can. [sigh]

~ Watched American Idol, during which Steve and I decided that the gray-haired dude is totally our favorite and we hope he gets into the Top 12.

~ Wondered if he mentioned in his original audition how old he is and why his hair is gray.

~ Couldn't stop laughing at the large black twin dudes who really are complete idiots.

~ Almost pissed myself when someone didn't sing very well and Steve said (dead seriously), "He's steppin'." Um, OK Homeboy. YO! YO! YO! Thanks for that. (dork)

~ Watched "Lost" where I was bummed to see Sawyer go back to being an asshole, but glad that it may mean they'll show him more, allowing me to ogle at that perfect speciman while touching myself.

~ Flipped over to the Grammy, where I had quite a few observations. (See post above for these observations.)

7 comments:

geenalyn said...

in regards to the grey haired dude...i think he said he was like 25 or so...and he's been grey since he was like 14. He said he's never colored it cause he doesn't want to be something he's not :)

Mary said...

I'm watching AI right now, with lost shortly after :)

mamatulip said...

I keep forgetting about AI! Dammit! I'm missing out on all sorts of twins.

I missed the beginning of Lost because of a stupid fight with Dave...it ruined the whole show for me. *sigh*

LOL at the fellow blogger trying to re-enact your avatar pose.

Kim Fernandez said...

Chicks like boobs too.

Allison said...

LOL Kim! Yeah, but in thinking about it, I don't think I ever unzipped my coat. [sigh] LOL!

EE said...

That grey haired dude DOES rock! I'm thinking he was bwtn 25-29. I'm glad they are finally to real stuff. The casting city by city auditions are entertaining only for so long.

I'm annoyed at the direction they took Sawyer. :( I was shocked.

LOL at Kim, bc I was thinking the same thing! Chicks dig boobs too! (of course not as much when they are covered up w/ coats, lol)

I wonder if that fellow blogger is going to regret sending you that pic.

Tink said...

"Wore the boob-enhancing shirt in the hopes it would get me some "special treatment" at the tile place." If you got em, flaunt em. I have a nice ass, but that might be a little hard to use to my advantage. Unless I want to back up to a counter. Hmmm.

Those twins on AI are going to get booted just for half the crap they said.

Gray haired dude is one of my all time favorites. Not only is his voice pure ear candy, but he seems so genuinely sweet!