Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Wednesday 10.12.2005)


1) Was pleasantly surprised when Hannah slept until 8:30. I had to get up at 6:00 to get Grace ready for daycare and send her off, but at least I had some time to drink a few cups of coffee before Hannah woke up, begging me for juice and throwing tantrums because I put it in the wrong cup.

2) Was thrilled when she finally did wake up and wasn't nearly as sick as yesterday.

3) Kicked myself when I opened a tub of Grace's hand-me-downs and Hannah spotted (and insisted on wearing) an UGLY Winnie-the-Pooh turtleneck onesie with pastel striped leggings.

4) Took her to the vet and to Burger King looking like that because I just don't care anymore.

5) Ate chicken fries for lunch. YUM!

6) Did a happy dance when there was a message from the electrician saying he wants to come here tomorrow morning and run the wiring in the kitchen. Baby steps...

7) Decided Steve really does need therapy when he told me I wasn't going to be "allowed" to use the new kitchen AT ALL once the cabinets and countertops are in until he gets a chance to also tile the backsplash too because he doesn't want water getting on the wall. Sure Steve... Whatever you say dude. (Seriously, the man really has issues. What exactly did he think I was planning on doing? Hosing down the countertops? ASS!)

8) Also told me he didn't want me to use yellow paint in the kitchen because (and I quote), "The room upstairs is yellow." Yes Steve. And the kitchen is downstairs. And the room to which you're referring is Grace's bedroom that you go into maybe once a month. What the hell is wrong with this guy? I swear I'm now painting it yellow just to spite him.

9) Realized after the above conversations that Steve is slowly turning into my father-in-law, and frankly, that scares me. [shudder]

10) Went to my mother-in-law's and actually found a dress of hers to wear and it doesn't look even remotely "old lady like".

11) Realized halfway home that the kitchen plans I had taken with me to fax to the granite company for a countertop estimate were still lying on her kitchen table and I need them here for the electrician tomorrow.

12) Ran back to my mother-in-law's (with the girls) around dinner time to pick up the plans and visit for a bit.

13) Came home, gave the girls a bath (during which I swear to god, I thought they were going to accidentally drown each other), and realized Hannah had left "Soshie" (her name for her little silk blanket) at my mother-in-law's.

14) Contemplated not bringing it up and hoping she wouldn't notice at bedtime (yeah right), when she looked at me and said, "I forgot Soshie at Nana's," while pouting.

15) Went back to my mother-in-law's at 8:00 to retrieve the stupid "Soshie".

16) In reflecting upon the fact that in the past week, 7 lightbulbs in two of our rooms and my passenger side headlight of my car have all burned out, decided that I must have some sort of weird cosmic or magnetic energy in me or something causing weird lightbulb issues.

17) Conversation with Grace during the girls' bathtub wrestling this evening:
Me: "Stop it."
Grace: "No."
Me: "Fine. One of you is going to hit your head, and when you do, don't come crying to me."
[Two seconds later, Grace hits her head.]
Me: "See? I told you so."
Grace: "Yeah. But I didn't cry, so I win and you can't yell."
18) Realized that there had to have been about a billion times in my adolescent and teenage years where I swore I would never say, "Don't come crying to me..." when I had kids of my own. Dammit.

19) Had Steve "remind me" on his way up to bed that I may want to move the toys in the basement off to the side in the morning to make room for the electrician.

20) Reminded him that if he started paying attention when I, ya know, spoke, he'd know that HOURS earlier I had told him that after the girls leave for daycare in the morning, I was going to move the toys in the basement off to the side to make room for the electrician.

10 comments:

EE said...

Oh, Alien LOVES deer hunting supplies, I'm sure she'll pass it along to her dh! ;)

I'm curious to see this dress Allison....

Wow, I think you may have driven as much as I did today with all your back and forth. YIKES!!!!! :)

Allison said...

LOL! I'll take a picture this weekend. It's just a dark grayish-blue microfiber sheath dress. Honest. It's NOT that bad.

And my MIL only lives like 4 miles away, so it could've been worse. And truthfully, the Soshie retrieving trip wasn't so bad. The girls were bouncing off the fucking walls and I was THANKFUL I had a reason to duck out of the house sans kids and sans Steve. ;)

Allison said...

Oh, and since I deleted the deer hunting SPAM, other people are going to think you're kind of weird. ;)

Allison said...

LOL! Ya know what Janet, at any other time, I may actually agree with him. (Or not care enough to argue.) But, IF everything goes according to schedule at this point, the countertops will be going in the week before Christmas. Which means there's no way he'll get the backsplash tiled before Christmas. We HOST Christmas for my entire family (about 20-30 people total). I actually asked him what he expected me to do if the countertops were in on Christmas Day and the backsplash wasn't and I swear to GOD, he said I wouldn't be allowed to use it. Seriously, what an ASS! LOL!

Allison said...

But what does he think I'm going to DO to ruin it? Call the fire department and tell them to come clean my countertops with their hoses? Fry up a big ol' pan of butter and grease on the stovetop ON THE ISLAND and then turn around and toss it at the wall to see what happens? LOL!

Sure, the sink is there and I may rinse a dish or two before putting it into the dishwasher (oh, that sweet dishwasher I miss so much), but I'm not going to start doing anything wacky or anything. Just, you know... living a normal life. Like other people with kitchens do. [shaking head]

Allison said...

Oh, and get this. I was talking about how when I paint the walls, I'll just paint the ones you'll see and then paint a "stripe" around the walls where the base and wall cabinets will be so that the kitchen will at least look nice until the backsplash gets put in. Do you KNOW what he said to me?

First he said that I should TAPE THE STRIPES off before I paint and not do a "white trash" job where I just run the roller down the middle of the wall. Dude, you won't SEE behind the cabinets. Like EVER.

THEN he thinks about it and tells me I should paint ALL of the walls, even if cabinets will cover them. Yup. That's gonna happen. SURE it will. You just keep right on believing that cowboy... LOL!

I'm telling you... issues.

Allison said...

LOL! Seriously. How anal can a person be before it becomes unhealthy? LOL!

Kim Fernandez said...

You are married to my husband. It's the creepiest damn thing I've ever heard of, and I'm all kinds of freaked out about it right this second. I swear to GOD, we've had the identical conversations.

Allison said...

Kim, what the hell is WRONG with them? I mean, being meticulous is good in some ways. But for the love of GOD...

EE said...

As I was writing about your deer spam you deleted it. LMAO! Whatever, it's ok if I look like a dork, I can deal w/ it.

Sooooooooooo LMAO at Steve and his anal issues! We used to have a friend like that and as fucking hot as he was, I used to always tell him that him and I could never be together bc w/ my anal retentiveness and his we would drive each other C*R*A*Z*Y (wait, that's almost like the "you're hot, I'd do you" phrase, I bet Doug would be pissed I said THAT TOO! LMAO!). But even *I'm* not as anal as Steve seems to be, lol.