Monday, October 17, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Monday 10.17.2005)

1) Woke up and realized I only had 90 minutes before the electrician was due to show up.

2) Tried to sneak upstairs while the girls were engrossed in "Baby Einsteins", but Hannah came up and started picking summer seer sucker dresses out of her closet to wear. Don't think so sweetheart. It's a little too cold today for that.

3) Watched Hannah throw a tantrum when the shirt she finally did pick wouldn't fit over her head.

4) Managed to get her dressed.

5) Sent Grace upstairs to get dressed and she came down in shorts and a long-sleeved T-shirt. Hey, it works for me.

6) Watched Hannah threw a computer keyboard across the living room. Good arm, kid.

7) Read my work email and found out they want a rough draft of an entire user's guide by tomorrow. Looks like I'll be up late tonight.

8) Did whatever I could to take my morning um, bathroom break, before the electrician showed up.

9) The electrician never showed up. Bastard.

10) The girls and I had hot chocolate and microwave popcorn for lunch. Awesome.

11) Was thrilled to find out Steve won last week's football pool and I won this week's.

12) Was bummed to find out I tied with two other girls this week and will only receive $8.66.

13) Remembered that mine AND Steve's winnings will be sent to MY PayPal address, so really, I won two weeks in a row. ;)

14) Tried hard not to laugh when I heard Hannah crying in the next room and went in to find out, "Gracie knocked me over and spanked my butt." When asked WHY she would do that, Grace said, "Because I told her if I heard one more noise, I was going to spank her butt. And then she made another noise."

15) Let the girls run around like total idiots in the empty kitchen, playing with big long tubes of soft pipe insulation that my father-in-law left here. This had a double motive. One, I was in no mood to take them outside because it's cold and windy and I didn't feel like pushing them in the swings. And two, I figured it would burn off more energy than watching TV would, perhaps making them go to bed earlier.

16) When Grace then showed me how Hannah had ripped holes in one of the pieces, I took them away, put them back where they had been, and told them not to tell their father. Yup. Stellar mom moment, lemme tell ya.

17) Conversation with Grace:

[She was using a spray bottle filled with water and paper towels to "clean" the windows in the house.]
Grace [talking to herself]: "I have a mean brother that makes me do all the work."
Me: "A brother? You have a brother?"
Grace: "Yes. He's mean. And his name is Blue. And he doesn't talk. He just goes [insert shrieking noise here]."

Alrighty then.

18) Drank my beer out of a plastic Care Bears cup because we were out of disposable cups. This disturbs me for some reason.

19) Had a knock down drag out fight with Grace after she wouldn't listen when I told her to stop doing something and she accidentally bent my finger back, making it swell up. Sent her to her room after threatening her life. She laughed in my face.

20) Felt guilty two minutes later and went up, gave her a lecture, and sent her back downstairs.

21) Felt like an ass when Steve commented, "Oh yeah. She'll learn. She had to sit in her room for a whopping thirty seconds. Way to teach her a lesson." Shut up jackass. I HATE when I lose my cool like I did and mommy guilt is far worse than daddy guilt. Bite me.

22) I hate when he's right.

23) Managed to polish off an entire can of Pringles. [oink.]

24) I would, again, like to thank the makers of new Reynold's Crockpot Liners. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

25) Officially declared "How I Met Your Mother" as my new favorite sitcom.

26) Was rather pleased with myself when I noticed Salinger was having his typical constipation symptoms again and I managed to pen him in our upstairs kitchen/laundry room for the night before he peed and crapped on everything in the house (including Steve's bed).

27) Realized I haven't seen our other cat at all today and that's strange. Hmmm...

8 comments:

mamatulip said...

#14 -- LOL.

#17 -- LMAO.

#18 -- LMFAO.

#23 -- 'Atta girl.

Allison said...

LOL! I don't know what happened to the electrician. He's a guy that Steve's known for years, Steve's dad knows, etc. He's a really great guy and I was surprised he didn't call. But our best guess is that he got called out an emergency, had too much other stuff to do, etc., and figured that since he only has to run another wire or two and I'm home everyday, he'd just stop by another time. [shrug]

I was actually kind of glad he didn't come because I had both girls home and didn't want to have to try to keep them out of his way. I was just annoyed I rushed around this morning and like, ya know, put a bra on and stuff in case he came.

And they know I'm drinking alcohol. But they also know that "Mommy's beer" is only for big people. ;)

Allison said...

I swatted Grace's butt too (which is why I felt so guilty). But when I did it, she laughed in my face which totally ticked me off even more. [sigh]

EE said...

Yep, mommy guilt IS far worse than daddy guilt. ;)

Anonymous said...

Jacob laughs in my face too. Then he says "you're not the boss of me". Drives me crazy.

Allison said...

I think what bothers me most isn't that she laughed in my face (although that REALLY pissed me off). But that she caused me to become that enraged. Damn kids... LOL!

Lisa said...

23) In college, a can of Pringles could be breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.

25) When Jason and I went to Vegas over the summer, we sat through a screening of "How I Met Your Mother". We loved it and couldn't wait for the season to start.

mamatulip said...

Julia will shut her eyes and smirk when I tell her to do something and she doesn't want to. She gets this look on her face like, "I'm ignoring you" and she squeezes her eyes shut and turns her head away from me. I can feel my blood boiling just typing it out, LOL.