Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Wednesday 10.05.2005)

1) Shuffled both girls off to daycare, but wasn't that relieved since I had to trek to the office today.

2) While driving there, wondered out loud how the hell I drove that far to and from work everyday and didn't shoot myself.

3) Found a great oldies station in the car and jammed out to "Jump (For My Love)" by the Pointer Sisters and songs by Loggins and Messina, and Bread. Yup. I'm cool.

4) Just spent 20 minutes trying to find the damn name of the song by the Pointer Sisters.

5) Was rather disturbed when Steve told me this morning that I should pick up deordorant for him when I went grocery shopping that night. And that I should get him the same kind that I use (Secret). And the same scent, since he's been using mine for days and really likes it. [shaking head]

6) Managed to get some work done at work. (Imagine that.)

7) Showed my project manager my progress during a meeting and she was "impressed" with how far I've gotten. (Um, yeah. If only she knew....)

8) Decided that I simply cannot go grocery shopping with Steve ever again. It's so aggrevating that it literally puts me in a bad mood the rest of the night. Dude, it should not take you 25 minutes in the produce aisle. And they're fucking crackers for the love of god. How long can it possibly take you to pick a box? Jesus...

9) Was disturbed yet again when Steve informed me that while he was in the aisle looking for the deordorant he wanted, a woman asked him if he realized he was looking at and sniffing the women's deordorants. He told her "yes" and that he was getting one "for his wife." Lying bastard. If you're going to be a gaywad and wear women's hygiene products, then at least 'fess up about it when confronted.

10) Hand-washed Hannah's pooh bear jammies and threw them in the dryer after she managed to drip an entire popsicle down the front of them about 10 minutes after putting them on. I knew if I didn't have those suckers ready when it was time to take her up to bed, all hell would break loose.

11) Realized it's a sad day when a 24-lb. two-year-old can scare me enough to have me handwashing pajamas in the sink at 8:30 at night. [sigh]

5 comments:

mamatulip said...

The Pointer Sisters. Now there's a quality group. I loved them. I've had "Jump" in my head since I read your blog this morning. I think I might have to go download it.

EE said...

ROFLMAO at Steve and the whole WOMEN'S deodarant thing. It was one thing for Kappy to wear Casey's Axe deodarant......but it's a COMPLETELY different thing for Stever to wear (and WANT to) Secret.

EE said...

Ummm, shit, I meant STEVE (w/o an "r") LOL

Allison said...

LOL! Hey EE, I use Steve's Axe shower gel all the time. I really would prefer to smell like a man. Apparently, Steve and I both have some serious issues...

EE said...

Like I said, I think it's FINE for you to smell like a man. I like the smell of that stuff. But there IS something wrong w/ him smelling like a woman. LMAO!