Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Tuesday 10.11.2005)


1) Was amazed when Hannah woke me up this morning and I glanced at the clock and it was 9:00!!!!

2) All giddiness turned to sadness though when I realized she had a fever and probably contracted Grace's strep. [sigh]

3) Gave a silent prayer for the pediatrician who had given me a prescription for antibiotics for her "just in case" she ended up showing symptoms.

4) Pumped Hannah with Advil and took her on a prescription-filling, appliance-choosing adventure where she was quite the trooper, thank god.

5) Wrote the first check for our kitchen remodel. Depressing and yet thrilling at the same time.

6) Bought an iced mocha cappacino while out and about. It's the little things that can brighten a day...

7) Realized Hannah had reached her breaking point and came home, pumped her full of meds, and put her to bed for what ended up being a 3.5 hour nap.

8) Told myself I wasn't waking Hannah up because she was sick and needed the sleep, when in reality, it was because I was relishing the quiet time with no one else awake in the house.

9) Was in quite a funk today due to the lack of sleep (because I was up until 2:00 AM talking to a friend on the phone), the crappy gray weather, and just feeling overwhelmed from everything I had to get done today.

10) Almost ripped my hair out this evening due to the girls being out of control (apparently Hannah felt better).

11) Smoked and drank beer instead.

12) Am bummed because I'm keeping Hannah home from daycare tomorrow since I'm not sure if she'll feel better by then. I know that sounds horrible, and of course, I'd never send her if she wasn't feeling well. But Wednesdays and Thursdays when both girls go to daycare are what helps me stay sane every week. But I'll be OK. [heavy sigh]

13) Realized that stay-at-home moms that never get a break from their kids really do deserve medals.

14) Had Steve ask me what the mysterious iVillage charge was on his credit card this month. DOH!

15) Stumbled an explanation, blamed it on automatic subscription renewel (true), and quickly walked away.

16) Realized that I really have no clue what appliances I picked (and am now committed to since the cabinet cutouts will match exactly), how much they're going to cost, and if they do what I want them to.

17) Decided I didn't care as long as I have a kitchen with appliances.

18) Talked to a lady at the granite company for a good 30 minutes, with only about 10 of those minutes being about granite. Apparently, she's as big a gabber as I am.

19) Had my mother-in-law invite me over to her house this week to see if I want to wear one of her nice outgrown dresses to Steve's cousin's wedding this weekend. I asked her if they were something "older people" would wear and she said no. Not sure if I believe her...

20) Am a bit disturbed that I'm actually going to go to her house to check them out just because I truly don't have anything to wear, and don't want to buy anything.

21) Also told my sister I'll be coming to raid her closet. I'm kind of thinking she's my better bet. ;)

6 comments:

EE said...

Ahh, my funk sister. ;)

I'm a little disturbed that you are going to your *MIL's* to see if you can find something to wear. LMAO!!! I guess I'm just hoping your MIL dresses a trillion times better than mine. GL w/ that. LOL

Allison said...

LOL! She has a TON of plain black dresses. I'm heading there in a few. I'll let you know how I make out. LOL!

Allison said...

Um, I ended up getting a really nice dress from her. I think that's bad, but I'm not sure. [blush]

Anonymous said...

LOL....first mom-jeans and now MIL black dresses...

What's next Allison?

Allison said...

ACK! Terrie, shut up! LOL!

And it's not even black. It's like a bluish-gray color. But I swear it's nice... Honest. [someone shoot me in the head now]

EE said...

Uh-huh, I'm sure it is nice Allison....*snicker, snicker*

;) LMAO!!!!!!!