Saturday, October 08, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Saturday 10.08.2005)

1) Of ALLLL the mornings for the girls to sleep in semi-late, it just had to the morning we had an appointment with the kitchen guy and so we all had to rush around and get dressed so we could get out the door.

2) This wouldn't have been bad if I'd been able to have a cup of coffee before we left. I hate that.

3) Was rather surprised at how quickly (for us), we managed to choose our cabinet color, door style, and hardware.

4) Was inwardly giddy when I managed to replace a regular cabinet with a built-in wine rack in the final kitchen design. I don't even drink that much wine, but damn do they look cool.

5) Argued with Steve upon leaving our cabinet selection adventure because I didn't call a different granite place this past week. Excuse me asswipe, but you told me to find the number. You, at no point, told me to actually call that number. And if I had called that number, I wouldn't have known what to say, because I'm a little unsure as to why we're all of sudden going to check out granite prices on our own instead of going through the kitchen place like I thought we were. Bite me.

6) Got sopping wet about, oh, a billion times today just in walking to and from the car. Apparently, god has parted the heavens and we're supposed to building an ark. But in looking at how long the kitchen has taken, I'm thinking we'll drown before that ark is built.

7) Went to my mother-in-law's for hot wings, potato skins, and cake to celebrate Steve's stepdad's birthday.

8) Didn't leave their house until a time the girls are normally both in bed. Yup... because two kids who have just eaten cake, ice cream, and a bazillion freezie pops are going to go right to bed. Uh huh.

1 comment:

EE said...

OMG, you had to leave your house before having any coffee?! You KNOW how I feel about THAT. ((((Alien))) ;)

My kids do that too- why is it they wake up at the butt ass crack of dawn every normal, but any day you actually have PLANS they decide to want to sleep in. LOL!

YAY about the whole kitchen progress though!!!