Thursday, October 06, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Thursday 10.06.2005)

1) Sent the girls off to daycare and did a little happy dance. Not because they were leaving. But because in three short hours, the kitchen guy was coming and that made me happy.

2) Found myself trying to make sure the bowl I packed in Hannah's lunch was going to match her dress because I didn't want her flipping out at school when everything didn't match.

3) Realized that she's slowly sucking me into her color-coordinated, anal-retentive world and I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I don't think it's good.

4) Had Grace's godfather show up this morning at 6:30 AM to pick up Steve's backpack to take on a hunting trip this weekend. Yeah. Because I'm the picture of beauty at that hour in no bra and bedhead. Not that I care if he sees me like that, but it is a little disconcerting. Especially since he's married to a perfect little Barbie doll.

5) Had a Krispy Kreme for breakfast. Mmmm....

6) Am cautiously optimistic after meeting with the kitchen guy this morning that I may have a kitchen (or at least the cabinets) by Christmas. Dare I dream?

7) Ate my weight in Pringles potato chips for lunch. I'm not winning any healthy eating awards... that's for sure.

8) Organized all of our videos and DVDs in an attempt to avoid working. It's amazing how much less space those things take up when they're actually in their appropriate boxes and cases.

9) Went nuts with my new bottle of Pledge multi-surface spray. Good stuff...

10) Managed to finish and send off the document I was supposed to be finishing up today. Well, sort of. It'll do. ;)

11) Had Grace's godfather show up at 9:30 tonight, with me wearing the same clothing I had on this morning... my PJs. Seriously, what is with this guy?

5 comments:

mamatulip said...

LOL, I'm not striving for any "nutritious eating habits" awards, either. Dave asked me yesterday if I would be eating another pie this weekend. A whole pie, to myself, like I did this week. And let's not even get into the cinnamon buns.

Allison said...

Eh. You only live once... ;)

EE said...

I'm LOL at godfather dude showing up at the end of the day and you were still wearing your PJ's. He prob had a good laugh at that. Even Doug makes fun of me when he comes home at the end of the day and I'm still wearing my PJ's and hair pulled up, having obviously never even thought about doing anything w/ myself that day. It's all good.

LOL at you so diligently putting away all the videos and DVD's. Nah, you weren't trying to avoid work or anything. ;)

Allison said...

LOL! Dork. I didn't stay in my PJs all day. But when you show up at 6:30 in the morning when I just woke up and then again at 9:30 at night when I'm ready to go back to bed, I AM going to be in my PJs. LMAO!

EE said...

LMAO, well you didn't CLARIFY that part!! I was thinking you were still wearing your PJ's and still had bedhead when he showed back up at 9.

Bc, uh, you could have, there's nothing wrong w/ that, lol