Monday, October 10, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Monday 10.10.2005)


1) Woke up and found a piece of my tooth broken off and in my mouth. What the hell?

2) Was a bit bummed to see it's still raining. Four days straight of two children stuck in the house makes for very hyper children (and a very messy house).

3) Wondered how the hell I'm going to entertain these kids all day. And then had a mild panic attack when I thought about the fact that we'll be stuck inside like this the majority of the winter too. [shudder]

4) Walked across the street in my pajamas while smoking a cigarette this morning because I realized we never checked out mail on Saturday. I'm such a classy lady.

5) Managed to procrastinate and not do a single damn productive thing all morning. [sigh]

6) Was pleasantly surprised to get a call from the kitchen guy and found out the last minute changes we made are going to make our total about $1200 less than before. SWEET!

7) Was somewhat relieved to find out Grace would be sleeping over at my mom's house tonight. Not because she's any trouble and not that I won't miss her. But the Steelers are on tonight and it'll be nice to be able to watch them from the beginning without worrying about that whole bedtime routine thing.

8) Thanked Nick Jr. for running a Diego marathon all morning. Occupied kids make for a happy mom. ;)

9) Thought the apocolypse was coming when, on several occasions, walked outside and there were literally about a thousand birds sitting in the trees around our house, all chirping and singing and yelling at the same time. I still don't know what the hell was going on. A birdie conferance perhaps?

10) Ate chips for lunch. Yup. Healthiness is my middle name.

11) Contemplated what to do when I made Chef Boy-R-Dee mini shells with meatballs and Hannah wanted the meatballs. All of the meatballs. The meatballs are my favorite part and the primary reason I even eat them. Do I give the child who barely eats my meatballs, knowing the fact that she's eating at all is good? Or do I tell her no and eat them myself, savoring every last bite?

12) I gave them to her and although pleased that she ate, I was pissed that I didn't get any.

13) Was thrilled when Steve told me we were getting hot wings for the Steelers game tonight. YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!

14) Was simultaneously happy and annoyed when Steve cleaned the tap and the hoses for our beer fridge. OK dude. I've been telling you for months now that they needed to be cleaned and you didn't do it. But tonight, the first night you want some beer out of the keg, you clean it. Fucker.

15) Almost threw up when Steve told me (while eating) that when he cleaned the hoses and tap, that it was "beyond mold" and totally disgusting. Thanks dude. Thanks a lot.

16) Laughed my ass off when Hannah asked Steve to do her hair and he did. He swears it looked great and that he'd take her out in public without a second thought. OK buddy. Whatever you say. What you can't see in this picture is the half-assed ponytail that's completely crooked at the back of her head, and the fact that the hair hanging down around her face is the ONLY hair hanging down and not in the ponytail. And yes, there's only one barrette in her hair. [shaking head]

15 comments:

Mary said...

So I hope that Steve did a good job cleaning the equipment, that's disgusting. Now you know you just can't go that long without a keg, if ya have a keg, you'll be fine :)

Tom was 'dissapointed' in me that I didn't tivo the diego marathon. I had no clue it was on. We only have 1 or 2 diego's saved, and a bazillion backyardigans (though I messed up and deleted Jake's favorite--the surfer one), and starting to get the little einstines too. Our whole damn dvr is going to be full of kids shows forcing me to watch mine live.

Allison said...

No offense Janet, but I would kick your ASS if you bought Spaghetti O's and purposely got the ones without meatballs. LOL!

And Mary, it's not whether or not we have a keg. It just needs to be cleaned every so often and it had been a LONG time since it was cleaned. LOL!

And Grace LOVES the new Little Einsteins show!

Mary said...

on the little einstiens? Ok I just checked JUST FOR YOU melissa. It's on at 8am and 1230pm. Tomorrow is Whale Tale. Jake will be excited.

EE said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!! The hair thing, Doug has done that!!! What is WRONG w/ them and thinking that woud look good?! Thank GOD our dh's don't do our kids hair on a daily basis. We'd all have little girls w/ fucked up hair running around.

And ewwwwwww about the tap. That made me wretch.

You will also be *so* surprised to learn that I don't buy the spagettios w/ meatballs either. I have enough issues w/ meat as it is...but tiny canned pretend meatballs...very not right...lol!

But, uh, I'm glad you and Hannah like them! :)

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I love that goatee thing that Steve's got going on. Hot Hot Hot.

Anonymous said...

Um that's me up there talking about Steve's goatee. LOL.

Allison said...

LMAO Kelly! I just got these comments in my email and thought, "What freaky Anonymous person is commenting on my husband?" ROFLMAO!

Allison said...

LMAO Kelly! I just got these comments in my email and thought, "What freaky Anonymous person is commenting on my husband?" ROFLMAO!

Allison said...

Uh, apparently, I have commenting issues myself. LOL!

mamatulip said...

OK, I'm looking at the pic of Steve and Hannah and the song running through my head is "Beauty School Dropout."

Anonymous said...

Allison.....
I must be the only one worried about your tooth....when are you going to get your butt to the dentist???
I seriously kick myself for not taking Kristen sooner because she had to have MUCH more work done because of the decay....it really does not get better if you forget about it or ignore it.

Allison said...

LOL Terrie. It's OK. The tooth was already cracked anyway. I couldn't go to the dentist for a few months b/c we didn't have insurance once I got laid off. We have it again now, so I'll make an appointment soon. It doesn't hurt at all and it's way in the back where you can't see it, so I haven't freaked out about it or anything. :)

Anonymous said...

((tooth))...;-)
I remember about the insurance and that's why you hadn't before...I just feel really guilty that Kristen had to have 2 pulpotomy's (root canal on a baby tooth) because I didn't take her in right away...just didn't want you to have to go through that kiddo...sorry if I came off bitchy...:-(

Allison said...

No, no, no Terrie! Not bitchy at all! I just didn't want everyone thinking I was happy being toothless. LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »