Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Wednesday 11.30.2005)

1. Sent the girls off to daycare without much incident.

2. Threw on a pair of jeans and ran to get cigarettes. Ahhh... my sweet nicotine.

3. Went to the new Dunkin' Donuts and got a LARGE caramel latte with whipped cream and a glazed donut. It doesn't get much better than that.

4. Sat at the computer this morning, overwhelmed with all of the things I wanted to get done today, and not knowing where to start (and not wanting to start).

5. Took the cat to the vet for another urine sample and blood tests.

6. Saw a guy I know and his wife in the waiting room. They had a 3-month old baby with them and I almost shit my pants when he said they have a 13-month old too. Um, on purpose. ACK!

7. Sat in the damn waiting room for an hour and then they had to keep Salinger anyway because they couldn't get the urine sample they need because he's too damn fat.

8. Was happy to hear though, that the blood tests show he does not have diabetes. This is good, because I assure you, I am the last person that should have a pet with a medical condition that involves work on my part.

9. Left there catless and grabbed BK chicken fries and onion rings on my way home.

10. Sat around waiting for the horrendous toxic gas I get whenever I eat their onion rings.

11. Couldn't stop laughing when a group of us on one of my mommies board practically ordered every damn frame Red Envelope has on sale right now. At last count we were up to 45 of them. There's something seriously wrong with that. And yet, I'm hoping more of them order some so we can hit 50.

12. Didn't do much of anything productive today and don't feel much guilt about it, sadly enough.

13. Wondered if I have serious issues when my damn red dots wouldn't clear. I mean, should little red dots really affect me that much?

14. Finally changed the light bulb in the laundry room. That's right folks, after a good three months of digging for clothing (by touch) in there, I took it upon myself to change the light bulb, since it was obvious Steve wasn't going to be doing it anytime soon.

15. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when it only took me a total of about 90 seconds. LOL!

16. Was pleased to see that Steve arrived home at a semi-decent hour from hunting tonight.

17. Don't know why I cared since he then spent a good 90 minutes on the phone with various people, telling them "The Story of the Dead Mystery Bear" and how the guys at the weigh station gave them a hard time.

18. Hannah ate all of my Spaghettios AND my meatballs tonight. I give up. Seriously, seriously give up.

19. Ate microwave popcorn instead.

20. Watched Steve take several large deer ticks off of his body after his day in the woods. Um, ewwww!

21. Wondered why I'm so freakin' cold. Like all the time.

22. Mmmmm.... Sawyer.

23. Figure my UPS guy was an artist in another life. Every time he leaves multiple packages outside my door, he stacks them in wonderful "sculptures." Today's sculpture included an old dining room chair, a case of beer stood up on its side (on top of the chair), and four packages arranged in a way that defied gravity on top of the beer. The man is talented.

24. Was a bit disturbed when a local Freecycler posted, requesting a male mannequin. The guy's name was Mike and he didn't say what he wants it for. I'm a bit frightened.

10 comments:

Allison said...

I would like to say that I am well aware that the picture of the sculpture I posted could not look anymore like a penis if it tried. A penis being whacked off if we want to get picky about it...

Allison said...

Well, the place used to be "Donut Queen". I don't think they're national, so they were OK, but I never went in there. However, stupid Dunkin' Donuts has their damn commercials with that guy in the store acting all goofy and sipping his overly large latte with the mountain of whipped cream, and I've been wanting one for weeks.

Allison said...

JANET SAID PENIS! JANET SAID PENIS!!!!

EE said...

Janet, there's a Dunkin Donuts in Longmont, on main, lol.

And yeah, the sculpture thingy is a bit weird looking, a little indecent. LOL

mamatulip said...

I thought it looked like a giant insect with a big fat boner.

Anonymous said...

You guys are perverts. I didn't notice the penis thing until you said it. Now I can't stop looking at the damn picture. Guess I'm the pervert. LOL.

Allison said...

Kelly, you're a perv! LOL!

Denise, just one? Twenty bucks says you'll order another one once you see how nice they are! LOL!

EE said...

See I thought it looked like a giant insect w/ a rotten banana inside it. Ewwwwwwww. LMAO

Yes Janet, it's about half way through town. LOL, you'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a home renovation project to improve the way you live your life. There are so many great local resources now for Kitchen Cabinet Canada . It is easier than ever to pick up the phone or go online and find Kitchen Cabinet Canada.

Another great site with a lot of updating information is http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com. Thanks by the way for such a great blog!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »