Monday, November 28, 2005
1. Read my work email last night right before bed and saw I had an email from my project manager, sent on Saturday, saying they wanted an online help file by this morning.
2. Stayed up until 2:00 AM trying to finish it.
3. God bless Grace, she sat on the floor of her bedroom and read books until Hannah woke up, therefore giving me an extra hour of sleep without me even asking her to.
4. Came downstairs with 2 kids in tow, and managed to finish the online help file by 9:00 or so.
5. Got us dressed shortly after that and we all headed to the grocery store and the drug store.
6. Was happy to see they didn't have a repeat performance of yesterday's WalMart adventure, and instead, were very well behaved.
7. Swung by the beer distributor on the way home and grabbed a case of beer in order to not "suffer" as I did last night.
8. Spent the majority of the day browsing paint colors online, trying to decide what friggin' color to paint the kitchen this week.
9. Think I've finally decided. Um, maybe.
10. No matter how many times she says it, I simply can't not laugh when Grace and Hannah both refer to chicken pox as "chicken pops".
11. Made a fantastically delicious meal of chicken in the crock pot.
12. Realized that the only "real" food my kids ate today was a few chicken nuggets, and the rest of their day's diet consisted of curly Cheetos and milk. Yeah. I suck.
13. Gave the girls a bath for the first time in quite a few days. Not on purpose, but I don't bathe them every night in the winter, and I didn't realize how long it had been since the last time they'd had one. [sigh] Who the hell said I could have kids?
14. Realized Hannah is terrified of our inflatable snowman when the girls and I went outside tonight to pick him up (the wind had blown him over) and she was freakin' out. Being the mean mom I am, I kept walking her closer to him, trying to make her not be afraid. It didn't work.
15. Grace on the other hand, was body slamming the poor thing. ((((Snowman))))
16. Felt my heart swell when I walked back inside and found Grace and Hannah sitting in the corner with Grace talking lovingly to Hannah about how it's not real and everything's going to be okay while hugging her. [happy sigh]
17. Was touched when Grace told me she's going to marry me. When I told her she can't really marry me and that most women marry boys, she got very sad, so I just told her OK, she can marry me if she really wants to. She was thrilled.
18. Product recommendations: Swiffer Carpet Flick and Murphey's Oil Soap spray (like a Windex bottle). LOVE both.
19. Steve told me I rock tonight... and meant it. It's amazing what picking up a hoagie for hunting tomorrow can do for a relationship.
20. Am bummed that no new episodes of "Prison Break" are going to happen again until March. March?! Are you freakin' kidding me? [sigh]
21. Finished writing out a good chunk of my Christmas cards and figure I'll have them all done by the end of the week.
22. Got a call from the vet saying Salinger's urine sample was "abnormal" again, and they have to run a bunch more tests. Seriously. This cat is killing me.
Posted by Allison at 6:05 PM