Sunday, November 13, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Sunday 11.13.2005)


1. Was pleased to sleep in until 7:15. Steve and Tommie were gone, on their way up to some godforsaken mountain to prepare for hunting season, and Grace was at my mom's.

2. Talked to my MIL on the phone, trying to figure out a "big gift" ($100 per kid) that she could get for the girls for Christmas. Anyone wanna help think of something?

3. Grace showed up before I had a chance to shower, so I had two kids running around trashing the upstairs while I stood in the hot shower ignoring them.

4. Got them dressed and managed to interest them in a TV show while I got most of the downstairs vacuumed and my clean dishes put away.

5. Took them outside to rake leaves and jump in them. It was Hannah's first time and both girls had a BLAST!

6. Came in and made pink and green pizza from the Crayola pizza kit we bought through a fundraiser.

7. Neither girl would actually eat it though (apparently making it was the real thrill), so I had to eat two pieces.

8. But I was hungry anyway, so it's all good. (And a welcomed change, since usually they're eating my food.)

9. Took the girls back outside after Hannah's nap and had a blast.

10. Suggested they take their Barbie Jeep 4-wheeling through our leaf mountain. Was rather bummed when it didn't really work. :(

11. Played Hide-and-Seek and couldn't stop laughing when Hannah would look right at us while we were hiding and would say, "Hmmm... I just can't find Mommy." I guess I'm rubbing off on her. ;)

12. Laughed even harder when Hannah said, "Mommy, go in the house please." When I asked why, she said, "So you don't lell [yell] at me when I climb up the slide." [Snort!]

13. Kept them outside until dark in an attempt to get them in bed early tonight.

14. Wasn't sure whether to ring Grace's neck or laugh when she came back from the bathroom and told me she had peed all over the floor. When asked how, she said she tried to pee standing up like a boy. [sigh]

15. Was thrilled when Steve came down off the mountain early so he could start drywalling the walls in the kitchen. He's over halfway there. YEEHAW!

16. Realized even after picking our countertops and floor tiles, I have no CLUE what color to paint the walls. Dammit. I need a designer. If only I were independently wealthy. [sigh]

17. Watched Grace fall asleep at 8:15, on the living room floor, with 2 TVs on, Hannah babbling, Steve sawing and drilling over in the kitchen, and me talking on the phone. I guess she was tired.

18. Laughed my ass off when Grace told me that if we buy a big dog, then she can sleep with the dog and I "can go sleep with Daddy again." That damn kid cracks me up...

4 comments:

Mary said...

Did you remember to watch desperate housewives and grey's anatomy?

You blurbs about your kiddos always make me smile.

Allison said...

LOL Mary. Yes, I remembered. The one good thing about forgetting that week is that I will never forget again. ;)

mamatulip said...

Leaves are awesome! I love playing in the leaves. Those are good pics of the girls. :)

Allison said...

LOL Melissa! You say mean... I say smart. ;)