Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Highlights of the Day (Tuesday 11.15.2005)

1. Woke up and sent Grace off to daycare.

2. Was bummed when Hannah woke up only 5 minutes later. (Sometimes I get a good hour of coffee and the morning news before she wakes up.)

3. Decided to throw caution to the wind and let Hannah run around with underwear (sans diaper) today. She's been doing pretty well with the potty, so why not, right?

4. Was pleasantly surprised when she only had 2 pee accidents and 1 poop accident, but peed on the potty a good 10 times. Yay Hannah!

5. Steve and I were thrilled beyond belief when our electrician said he's going to give us a deal and all of his work will probably only cost us about $1,000. We were figuring on around $4,000 (which is what it should be)! I may get those stainless steel appliances and fancier granite edging after all. Sa-weet!

6. Was seriously annoyed at Steve when he talked to the kitchen guy and hung up and seemed genuinely surprised when he was told that cabinet installation was scheduled for the Monday after Thanksgiving and that we'd have to have everything ready to go by then if that's when we wanted them installed. Dude, I told you that FIVE FREAKIN' TIMES! I swear to god, I don't know why I bother talking to him. It's not like he, ya know, listens. Dear Lord...

7. My annoyance turned to glee when Steve finished drywalling and put the tape and first coat of spackle on. The poor guy's still working now and it's 10:40 with a good hour of work left. Looks like I'll be priming and painting this weekend. YEEHAW!!!

8. Was bummed to find out Amazing Race wouldn't be on tonight because of the dorky country music awards. Dammit.

9. Realized that's probably good since I HAVE to finish up the final draft of my user guide by tomorrow morning.

10. My mom and I took the girls for their flu shots after daycare today.

11. Chuckled to myself when Grace cried for about 10 seconds, but Hannah didn't cry at all.

12. Took them to Burger King as a "reward" for being so brave, because Grace has been begging for one of those Star Wars watches (b/c it's a watch... not b/c it's Star Wars) ever since they came out.

13. Thanked GOD I checked our bags before we left the parking lot because they didn't give us the watches.

14. Went back through the drive-thru and got the watches.

15. Spent an hour trying to get Grace's earring back through her ear after she got it caught on her stuffed dog and ripped it out.

16. Laughed to myself when she finally calmed down enough for me to get it back in, but only because she started chanting, "Nummmm.... Nummmm... Nummmm..." to herself for about 15 minutes.

17. Conversation with Grace:

Me: "Hey Grace, would you like to take karate lessons?"
Grace: "Yeah! That would be cool!"
[pause]
Grace: "But how will I fight? Will I make someone dead?"

Only if you're really good, my friend... (I didn't actually say that.)

18. Decided I need to stop blogging and get my ass back to work.

4 comments:

Kim Fernandez said...

Joseph's getting a Thomas watch for Christmas. He's been begging for a watch--any watch--for months now. Freaks. Give it 20 years and he'll be begging to get rid of it!!

Allison said...

LOL! The thing is that there are about 5 or 6 OTHER watches lying around here. But she wanted another one. It's not like she even wears them for anything other than 5 minutes here and there. Dork.

mamatulip said...

Julia peed on the potty about a bazillion times yesterday, too. She'd pee, go upstairs, put a sticker on the chart, come back downstairs, pee again...I'm running out of stickers.

Allison said...

LOL Janet. See, it wouldn't be bad if she had them in longer and the hole actually formed. But because they're so new, the hole really isn't there yet, ya know? So I spent an hour trying to get the end of the earring through the back of her ear. Blech. Once the hole is formed and I can just slide 'em right in, I won't care so much. LOL!