Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Oh Daddy...

So I got in an argument with my dad tonight. I know he's stressed out about his job situation and all, but jesus dude, take a chill pill and relax. And don't say my child is "bad" because I swear, I will kick your ass. Steve was there and I could tell he was kind of proud of me for sticking up for me and Grace. That's nice and all, but I feel bad. I HATE arguing with my parents. It doesn't happen often, so when it does, it makes me feel all icky and stuff. And like I should be grounded for talking back or something. *sigh*

So we've decided we may buy our kitchen cabinets through someone other than the designer, which is what we had been planning to do all along. We could possibly save ourselves thousands of dollars if we do it the new way. But seriously, I think I can honestly say that all I want for Christmas this year is a semi-functioning kitchen. I don't even need running water. Just some wood and a few makeshift countertops will do. Anything.

Wait. You know what? Come to think of it, I don't even need that stuff. How about just taking down those monstrous pieces of blue styrofoam that block off all entries into that side of the house? At least then I can sit in there and pretend that I'll one day be able to eat an entire meal again instead of a piece of grilled meat and a microwaveable side dish. And at a table even. Can you imagine? GASP! I'm pretty easy to please. Really I am.

So I bitched yesterday about not having any girlfriends. But I'm a loser. One of my high school friends (who happens to have a vagina) called yesterday morning (or two days ago? I don't remember...) and left a message asking if I wanted to get together sometime this week. I keep forgetting to call her. And when I do remember, I'm the middle of something I don't want to stop doing to make the phone call. I suck. I'll call her tomorrow and set something up for next week. Yeah. That's what I'll do...

No comments: