Sunday, December 25, 2005

Well... it's time...

Time to head to bed and get a few hours of sleep before the complete chaos of Christmas tomorrow. We already celebrated at my FIL's house tonight and although enjoyable for the most part, it was also a preview for what's to come.

Two kids begging to open presents from the second we walked in the door... Wrapping paper flying, boxes ripped open, and shouts of glee going on in every spare inch of the room so that I had no clue what was going on and who got what and where all the gifts were... Two 4-year-olds, a 2.5-year-old and a 1-year-old, running around, screaming, spilling drinks, and hitting each other... Crying by the 4-year-old because she opened a gift she already had (Barbie guitar) and wanted the gift Hannah had just opened (Barbie laptop computer... And while we're here, who the HELL gives that to a 2-year-old)... A four-year-old "making deals" with the two-year-old that she'll trade her her new makeup kit for the Barbie computer... Me hissing in Grace's ear to not TELL the person we already have the guitar and that we'll return the unopened guitar and get her the Barbie computer too...Watching my nephew's mom take the gift we got him away from him because he kept punching people in the face with them (a gift she had told me to get him)... Getting a gift card for a store in the mall, which although they're stuff looks really cool from what I've seen in their display windows, is also too small to fit my fat ass and look even somewhat decent...

But like I said, all in all, a good time... ;)

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Merry Christmas! Is it sad that I'm still bloggin' on Xmas day? Yes, probably...sigh...back to the cooking

EE said...

Calista has that Barbie computer I think, I can't imagine giving it to a TWO YEAR old!

Merry Christmas :)