Monday, December 19, 2005
1. Steve let me "sleep in" until 7:00 before he woke me to watch Grace since he was leaving for work.
2. Had Hannah tell me she didn't want to wear diapers today. As cute as she looks in her tiny underwear, constantly remembering to remind her to pee in the potty is a real pain in the ass.
3. Cleaned the upstairs kitchen where the litter boxes are. It was trashed and I managed to get it done while the girls played downstairs. Since all of their presents are wrapped and piled in that room, I had to be all stealthy about it and not let them know where I was.
4. Checked my order status and found out my bear collages for Steve would be arriving today. YAHOO!!!
5. Ducked upstairs to dust our bedrooms and heard Grace in the playroom downstairs. Came down to find she had picked up the entire room (and I assure you, there was A LOT to pick up) for no apparent reason other than to make me proud of her. [happy sigh]
6. Told me it had made her tired and hungry, so she made herself a cheese sandwich and "rested" on the couch. Welcome to my world kid...
7. She continued to remind me repeatedly throughout the day that she had done it, and kept asking me if I was still proud of her.
8. Wondered if the fact that my cats keep drinking the water out of the Christmas tree base is in any way harmful to them.
9. Was surprised when Steve got home from work at 1:00, saying he was heading to the mall to do some Christmas shopping.
10. Convinced him that it was totally unnecessary to drive the 30 miles to the mall at this time of year just to get a gift for me (everyone else is bought for already) and that I really am OK with getting nothing from him on Christmas.
11. Opened a new can of Spaghettio's at dinner time and took out every stinking meatball to give to Hannah since that's what she wanted and at this point, if she'll eat anything, I'm happy.
12. Put the meatball-less Spaghettio's into the fridge since no one here (including myself) wanted to eat them at the time.
13. Was annoyed when Hannah proclaimed she was done eating after a whopping three meatballs.
14. Wanted to kiss Grace when she started to feed Hannah the meatballs "like a baby", which Hannah got a kick out of and therefore, prompted her to eat every stinking one of them. Grace rocks.
15. Was thrilled with the bear collages that arrived. Kappy rocks.
16. Became rather titillated when Steve put on some of his new threads to go grocery shopping and looked even more hot than what I had envisioned.
17. Laughed when he first put on the "beautiful flannel" his mom had bought him, and we both decided he looked like a Stetson ad, so he changed into the Aeropostale hoodie I bought him instead.
18. Fell asleep with only 15 minutes left in CSI Miami, so I have NO idea who killed the rapist/real estate agent, dammit.
19. Woke up at 11:15 PM feeling well rested and am now sitting here wondering how long it'll be before I feel tired again.
Posted by Allison at 9:54 AM