- Was up until 1:00 AM last night working.
- Slept like crap b/c of my sinus infection.
- Woke up just in time to say goodby to Steve (who was heading out fishing) and be greeted by two cranky kids, one of which (Grace) feels like crap with a cold.
- Worked some more (while the girls fought) and then showered (while the girls fought).
- Threw them in the and drug them into the gas station just so I could get cash at the ATM for Steve to use for golfing this afternoon.
- Threw them back in the car and dropped T-ball money off at the local park so Grace could start next week (while the girls fought).
- Drove to the accountant to pick up all of our tax stuff (while the girls fought).
- Headed to my mom's house so she could keep an eye on the girls while I worked some more. Sent off the document with a few questions and waited for a response.
- Was thrilled when Grace fell asleep on my mom's couch.
- Was bummed when Hannah didn't.
- Watched the start time for a local egg hunt I had promised to take them to come and go.
- Got a call and had to do some more work on the document.
- Kicked myself for promising the girls I'd take them to the park (stupid egg hunt mommy guilt).
- Sent the document back out with the changes made.
- Threw the girls back into the car and headed for the park.
- Had to drive past the park and come home so Hannah could potty first.
- Went to the park (along with a billion other kids).
- Left the park and got halfway home and realized I had left their jackets hanging on a fence at the park.
- Turned around to retrieve the forgotten jackets.
- Arrived home.
- During all this, I remembered that I was supposed to make pasta salad for tomorrow, so my choices were to throw the girls BACK into the car and go to the (probably packed) grocery store, OR wait until after 7:00 tonight when Steve gets home from golfing so I can go by myself.
- Watched an overtired Hannah throw a bazillion crazy ass tantrums that last about 30 minutes each.
- Didn't even care when she fell asleep at 5:00. I was so happy to NOT hear her crying, that I couldn't have cared less if she was up until midnight tonight because of her late nap.
- Made a trip to the grocery store at 7:45 once Steve finally got home from golfing.
- Stopped at the beer distributor to grab a case of beer.
- On the way home, got to a stop sign just as the railroad crossing barrier came down.
- Sat and watched a fucking train go by for 10 minutes.
- Got the girls to bed way later than I had hoped.
- Made up their Easter baskets.
- Filled and hid stupid plastic eggs all over the house.
I'm done (in sooo many ways). LOL!
But while I'm here, I can finally talk a little bit about the new job. I'm excited. There are only 3 other women involved. All of them also work from home and they all set their own hours and work whenever they want to/can. They're developing this really cool computer product (that I'm not really supposed to talk about because I signed a confidentiality agreement). They'll need me until at least August, and possibly until the end of the year. I'm thrilled because it at least means I'll be spending the summer at home and can be home at least until Grace starts kindergarten in September. [happy happy sigh]
The other women seem great. They just happened to bring me on board on a weekend when they're preparing for a big meeting with the software developer on Monday, which is why I had to jump right in and crank out a document. I get the impression that normally, it's a much calmer, slower process and I won't be up until god-awful hours working on stuff.
So I couldn't be more excited. Good pay, from home, during hours that are convenient for me. You just can't beat it. :)