Thursday, September 15, 2005

Highlights and Observations of My Day (Thursday)

1) Drove to the office again, wondering how many friggin' idiots can't drive in the rain (apparently a lot of them), and thanking god I don't make the commute every day anymore.

2) Heard "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince while driving to work. I jammed. And headbanged.

3) Went to the social security office to order a new card. Decided they couldn't pay me enough to work there.

4) Was tempted to ask the secretary if her desk drawer smells like pee yet.

5) Realized that I never in my life have seen a billboard actually being changed. I mean one day, I drive past and it's advertising how to get varicose veins removed. The next day, the vein ad is gone and the indoor waterpark one is in it's place. So when do billboard changers work? In the middle of the night? And what do they call themselves? Sign Keepers? Billboard Changers? Hmmmm.....

6) Discovered my bank account is overdrawn. Son of a....

7) Paid for $4.00 of gas in all change. Because my account is overdrawn.

8) Came home to a letter in the mail saying Aetna finally approved us for health insurance. It's about damn time. Bastards.

9) Was annoyed to read that due to Steve's Body Mass Index (based on the height and weight information I gave them), and his "recent smoking habit" (He doesn't smoke... he chews tobacco sometimes), they're going to charge us like $35 more a month than the original quote was. Fuckers.

10) Told Steve he should really lose weight so we can save some money. (In reality, if he actually lost anymore, he'd be a scrawny little bastard.)

11) Made mental note to make appointments for the girls' 2-year and 4-year checkups now that we're bigshots with health insurance and all.

12) Called my cat a "buttfucker" in my head and one point. It made me laugh that I would even do that.

3 comments:

Mary said...

that's fucked up about the insurance...I'm way overweight, and we don't get charged extra. sweet, insurance in oregon has one positive! and that's for private insurance like you guys have.

I just call our cat fucker.

Kimmykay said...

I'm right there with you on the bank acct. Crap. I hate when that happens and I pray Jeff's payday hurrys more than it can. sigh.

Insurance is evil. That's all.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
»