Friday, September 02, 2005

Highlights and Observations of My Day (Friday)...


1) An old woman who could barely see over the steering wheel decided to back into my driver side doors at the gas station this morning because, apparently, it's OK to put your car in reverse without actually looking to see if anything or anyone is behind you.

2) Took the girls to a strip mall to get them out of the house for a bit. Why is it that the dollar store actually ends up costing me many dollars when I take my children with me?

3) Then we went for lunch at my favorite pizzeria.

4) Next was Eckerd drug store, where they somehow convinced me to buy them each a bottle of nail polish (Grace picked hot pink. Hannah picked neon/lime green) and a tube of lipstick (Grace = hot pink. Hannah = cherry red)

5) Came home and painted our nails and put on lipstick. I allow my children paint their own nails and mine, as well as apply their own lipstick, so we all looked like dimented clowns by the time we were done.

6) Steve came home way too early, and I was thanking god that I had managed to clear almost all of the toys out of the playroom (as his note had politely requested) in preparation for tearing the ceiling down in that room upon his arrival home from work.

7) Although I applaud Steve's efforts to seal off that room before beginning demolition, I must say, he failed and I now have a lot of plaster dust to get off of every flat surface in the living room tomorrow.

8) Escaped to my parents' house after dinner when I couldn't take the clutter, dust, and moody children that were resulting from having their playroom destroyed. Bathed them and made them dinner there, allowing me to reminisce about how nice it is to have an actual functioning kitchen.

9) Realized I need to decide within a day or two what color to paint the playroom once Steve finishes it. This wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have to make sure it compliments/coordinates with the kitchen since they're adjoining. This is hard to do since we haven't even chosen our cabinet color, countertops, tiles, backsplash, or paint color in the kitchen.

10) Almost pissed myself when Steve read a party invitation we received for Grace's godfather's children later this month, and Steve actually said to me, "Does that say 'Peanuts Only'?" Um, no dear... that says "Regrets Only." Dear god... Granted, the mom's writing is horrendous, but are you kidding me? What would "Peanuts Only" mean exactly? You can only come if you bring shelled nuts or if you were created from the imagination of Charles Schultz? [shaking head]

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hope the destruction goes smoothly this weekend! Good luck with that.

and a peanuts only party would rock!

Kim Fernandez said...

(((Accord)))

Hope the destruction/reconstruction goes well. Hang in there.

Kimmykay said...

You should see my toe nails. They are a funky purple... almost black. Had to tell my sister (who has her nails "done" in a french thing every two weeks!) that I wasn't into Goth but let my kids go to town on my nails. I too lazy to clean it off. I figure it will take a couple of months and a few nail clippings then it is gone. I'm dorky that way.

Allison said...

Yeah Kim. My toenails are currently REALLY bright hot pink and since I have no nail polish remover (and have no intentions of buying any), mine will be that way for a long time too. LOL! Ah well... it's almost too cold for exposed toes anyway. ;)

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 64 chevrolet truck Sony answering machine instruction book Cosmetic surgery is bad for teens Prozone air purifiers vs ionic breeze air purifier Epson photo 1200 ink cartridge Diversity training videos change management traini cholesterol maladies Prints to digital vicodin online Camo waterbed sheets 1997 ford motors 4.2 liter for sale Bulk service provider contact email Mpwh valtrex acyclovir hsv valtrex.md Spyware dr. Photos of perennial flower bed plan Cheap dental plans norwalk virus 3 mailbox answering machine