THIRTEEN THINGS THAT MADE ME WANT
TO RIP MY HAIR OUT THIS WEEK
1. Having to reboot my computer on a fairly regular basis because it's a 10-year-old, slow as syrup piece of shit that really just ought to be put out of its misery.
2. Not having sex for three days because my nephew was staying here so he could go turkey hunting with Steve every morning. I'm usually not one to want sex that bad, but I guess when you know you can't have it, you want it.
3. The opposing T-Ball team at Grace's game the other night. Out of the 15 kids on the team, literally 10 of them just played in the dirt the entire time they were in the outfield. The stupid ass coaches put them ALL in the infield, standing right along the baselines, making it like an obstacle course for Grace and her teammates when they were trying to run the bases. Get a clue coaches... (Uh oh. I think I just became one of those parents. [sigh])
4. The constant picking up of toys. It... must... stop...
5. The persistant "Unknown Caller" that keeps calling here, about 25 times a day, at all hours. Dude, I don't know you. My Caller ID says so. And if you want me that bad, leave a damn message, OK?
6. Realizing I may have to pimp myself out in order to earn enough money this month to pay off all the crap that happens to all be due... car insurance, home owner's insurance, car inspection (which I believe will require new brakes and rear tires), etc. Anyone want to pay me to send you some naked pictures of myself? (I'm kidding. It really wouldn't be worth the money.)
7. Being informed that Grace was being particular "challenging" at daycare yesterday, resulting in a trip to the daycare owner's office (equivalent to getting sent to the principal's office). [sigh]
8. Realizing that my husband apparently thinks I'm twice the size I actually am. Thanks dude. I love you too.
9. Feeling completely, absolutely disorganized in my life, relating to home, family, and work. Must... get... organized...
10. Realizing that all of my favorite reality TV shows are ending this week and next. [sniff] What the hell am I going to do with my time at night? ACK!
11. Coming to the realization that Melissa always posts Thursday Thirteens about things that make her smile or that she's grateful for, and that I always post about the things that totally piss me off or make me want to maim people. I'm so bitter.
12. The icky ticks that seem to keep finding their way onto my family members.
13. Receiving umpteen invitations for events in June already. Birthday parties, weddings, graduation parties, baptisms, recitals, lunch dates, etc. People, I have my own events to host. Leave me alone, will ya? (Note to the rest of you... if you can avoid it, do NOT give birth to your children in June. There are just WAY too many other things always going on, making it virtually impossible to plan a birthday party that all friends and family members can attend.)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants