Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Mish Mash

Today is going to be a totally random post about many random things. Just because I don’t have anything important to say, so I’ll just say lots of little, unimportant things. LOL!

I just saw “Ten Things Tuesday” over on mamatulip’s blog, so we’ll go with that, OK?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Let’s see, as most of you know, we buy primarily organic and all-natural food. We’ve discovered a great spaghetti sauce. I’m pretty particular about my spaghetti sauce. I don’t like runny. I prefer it thicker. And do NOT put chunks of crap in there, or I won’t be happy. LOL! Up until Steve went all health-Nazi on us, Ragu was always my favorite. We’ve tried some organic ones since then, and finally did find one we liked. But recently, we tried Emeril’s Roasted Gaaahlic, and OMG, it’s sooo good. HUGE chunks of roasted garlic are in it (the only chunks I’ll allow in my sauce. LOL!) I highly recommend it. It also has a teeny tiny bit of “kick” in it for a bit of spiciness. Good stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.I watched “Jon and Kate Plus 8” for the first time yesterday.

And then I watched a few more episodes and began having the suspicion that they don’t live that far from me. (It turns out they do, indeed, sort of nearby.) All I can say is if that woman was my spouse or mother, I’d purposely do horrible things to myself in order to escape her grasp. That woman seriously needs to take a chill pill, get the bitchy stick out of her ass, and lighten up. Blech. Can’t STAND her. But anyway…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Last night, Grace’s girls softball team played one of the boys’ baseball teams just for fun. Well, ehem, let’s just say that girls kick ASS! OMG! They hit better than the boys, fielded better than the boys, and all-around, kicked some serious boy ass. Way to go, girls! You RULE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Number three reminds me of the song Grace came home singing one day. I had never heard it before, and asked her to repeat it like 8 times just because I thought it was hilarious.

“Girls go to college to get more knowledge! Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider!”

Snort! Now I am well aware of the irony of saying boys are “more stupider”, but you can’t help but laugh anyway. Am I the only person that’s never heard that before?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. I have kicked some serious ass in the laundry department since yesterday. I put away about 8 billion (no exaggeration) of clean stuff, did about 5 loads of dirty stuff, and now, only have about 18 more loads (no exaggeration) to go. Yay me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. “More Than Words” by Extreme is playing right now. I’m totally transported back to my teen years and it’s making me laugh. I totally forgot about this song. LOL! Good stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. This morning I started using Feedly to read my blog feeds. Up until now, I’ve been using iGoogle, just because I like having my email and blog feeds on one page. I can’t decide which I like better yet, so I’ll use both for a bit and then decide. I do highly recommend both of them though. There are some cool features and ways to customize it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. The other night, Steve and I stopped for dinner (again) and a few beers (again) at our usual stomping grounds. While there, one of the waitresses I’d seen before came behind the bar to get drinks. I knew the last time I had seen her, she had been pregnant, so I asked how everything was, what she had, etc. It turns out she had a little girl. So I asked her the name (like I always do), and she said, “Grace Elizabeth.” I was like, “WHOA!” I think she was ready to be offended (LOL!) and said, “What?!”

I then explained that our Grace Elizabeth had celebrated her 7th birthday that day. LOL! We both found it amusing that our kids have the same exact names. And we were even more surprised to find out that we both spelled Elizabeth with a “z” since many people these days seem to spell it with an “s” instead. Funny stuff. OK. Not really. But at the time, I found it fascinating. LOL!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Just realized I, once again, forgot about the Weekly Word Challenge (WWC) that good ol’ Tink hosts. Dammit! Well, I still have half a day to get my photos taken and post them. Why do I ALWAYS forget this every week. Grumble grumble.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. I made my CD jewel case calendar page for July this morning. I love these things. LOL!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. That’s 10. A boring 10, but 10 all the same. I’ll be back later. I have to continue my “Adventures in Laundry”, do some work, take my pictures for WWC, and run to the grocery store. Later gators!

5 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

#4...My boys were just singing that this morning before we left for camp...LOL.

Remind me...what is the CD jewel case calendar?

Allison said...

Susan, I talked about the CD jewel case calendar in this post here: http://planetalien.blogspot.com/2008/05/tere-that-hello-in-estonian.html. It's just a calendar that you display in any standard plastic CD case flipped backwards. I didn't think I'd really use it, but I look at it every single day while I'm sitting at my desk when I forget the date (which is often). LOL!

Susan's 365 said...

Cool thanks!

Kim said...

I'm laughing at #4 because Kyra came home one day saying the exact same thing! Must be a kid thing!

Tink said...

No, that's pretty amazing about the names. Maybe she's stalking you and secretly wishes she had your family! ;)