Saturday, June 21, 2008

Why My Kids Will Need Therapy… Reason # 385

So, we got a call from the local police department today saying they had a subpoena and trial date for Steve. Now without getting into too much detail (because I’m lazy… not because it’s secretive or I don’t want you to know), a few months ago, Steve took his truck into a local dealership for some work on it. The next day, he picked it up, got home, and realized that all of his tools had been stolen out of the built-in tool boxes on the truck.

In a weird chain of (unrelated) events that involved skeevy hotel rooms, a paranoid chick, and a dude that sells drugs, the guy that stole them was arrested and Steve’s tools were recovered. Now the guy goes to court next Wednesday, and Steve has to go, say the tools are his and be done. But anyway, back to the kids…

So Steve calls the cop back around 5:30 and the guy says he’s going to drop off the subpoena. Great. I had just finished grilling up some steaks, potatoes and corn and Hannah was giving me trouble about eating (like usual). Steve yells out of the bedroom window to the rest of us on the patio below that if they don’t eat their dinner, we’re calling the cops. ROFL!

Poor Hannah’s eyes got real big and she almost started crying. LOL! So I told her he was just kidding, but that she had to eat.

So about 20 minutes later, the girls have finished eating and are inside playing on the computer, and Steve and I are on the back patio. The cop pulls in, gives Steve the papers and we all just start talking.

After about 5 minutes, I come inside to the girls and say, “Um, guys. There’s a cop outside.” Well poor Hannah’s eyes got so big, I swear they were going to pop out of her head. I was like, “For real. Go look.”

So they walk outside and the cop says to them, “Hey guys. Did you eat your dinner?” ROFL! (I had told him what Steve had said to them.) Well, Grace, being her typical self shot back with a laugh and a “Yeah. I did,” and wasn’t phased at all. Poor Hannah just sort of stood there looking terrified. I couldn’t stop laughing.

By the time the cop left, Hannah had warmed up to him. But I swear, one day, when the kids are grown, these are the types of things they tell their therapists. LOL!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, as promised, here are some photos of me in my all-natural curly-haired glory. LOL! This, my friends, is what happens when I don’t take a flat-iron to my head.

IMG_3407Final1

And before y’all go saying how you’d “kill for curls like that” and how it looks good like that, let me just say that in real life, it doesn’t look nearly this nice. Trust me on this one. It’s a frizzy mess.

IMG_3412Final1Final1

But I have to tell you how funny it was taking these pictures. For those first two up there, I used the timer on my camera. But then I got creative, set the camera on our low windowsills in the living room, leaned back, and pressed the shutter button with my toe. LOL! I think, perhaps, I need to invest in a remote for the camera, no?

IMG_3424Final1

IMG_3421Final1

Anyway, Grace’s bowling party is at 4:00, so I have to go get the stuff ready. I’ll talk to y’all again soon.

2 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

That is a funny, but mean trick you pulled on your kids! Hannah is going to marry a police officer. Haha!

Tink said...

LMFAO! Pure. Genius.

P.S. You're so hot. But I still want to feed you. ;)