Sunday, June 08, 2008

Is it party time?

Those were the first words Hannah spoke this morning when she rolled over and looked at me in bed. Today's her Libby Lu party and she is sooooo excited! She's had her outfit planned for days now (and that outfit has changed several times, depending on her mood). I'm actually looking forward to it too. I had to buy NOTHING ahead of time to prepare for it, which is my kind of party. I show up, watch the little girls get their makeovers, take a bunch of pictures, and come home. Sweet.

Yesterday was brutal in terms of the weather. A good 95-degrees and humid. Ugh. And Steve left with my dad to go golfing before I was even awake. No problem except we hadn't run our air conditioner yet this year. Our air conditioner is built into our living room wall, so it's there year-round. However, on the outside, for the winter, there's a cover over it. The problem? From the outside of the house, the air conditioner is rather high up. So now I had a problem. I couldn't run the thing without removing the cover. And I couldn't reach the air conditioner to remove the cover without a ladder. And we don't really have a ladder, believe it or not. Shit.

So I happened to spy this "fake" ladder a friend of ours built. It's actually supposed to be purely for decoration, and is made out of a few pieces of flimsy wood. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. LOL! So I leaned it against the house, prayed it wouldn't snap under my weight, and climbed on up. It WORKED! Whew. Nice cool house within 15 minutes.

Then, the day was supposed to be filled with Grace's softball game and a trip to see "Kung Fu Panda" at the movies. But Grace woke up with a stomach ache and didn't want to leave the house, so we hung out inside all day. Grace watched TV, Hannah played, and I cleaned the entire downstairs. Thank god I had that air conditioner running. LOL!

After dinner, Grace felt better, so the girls threw on their bathing suits, turned on the hose, and played in the backyard for hours. But we're rednecks, and my children are deprived, so instead of a pool, they just sit in buckets. Sometimes for hours. My kids are weird. LOL! I love days like that. :)

But today, is party day and there's lots to do. We all need to shower up and get ready. I need to make sure my camera battery is charged. Then we head to the mall (30 minutes away), watch six 5-year-olds be made all pretty, do a bit of shopping (I have ONE pair of shorts that fit), and head home. Then Steve needs to go fill up our water jugs at the natural spring and I need to go grocery shopping, since we don't even have milk right now.

By the time we do all that, I imagine we'll all be tired and ready to crash. Sweet.

Here are a few pictures from the last day or two.

Hannah

Recneck Swimming

Bucket Butt

Cooling Off

1 comment:

Susan's 365 said...

I can't wait to see pictures from the Libby Lu party.

Those bucket pictures are so funny.