Thursday, June 05, 2008

Another drive by...

I need to start blogging earlier at night. I always sit here around 9 or 10:00 and think about all of the things to blog about. Then I finally get around to it around 1:00 in the morning, and I don't feel like it. I had a big ol' long blog post composed in my head an hour ago. But then I started doing something else. And now here I am, and there's no way in hell I feel like typing it all out. So y'all get the abbreviated version (which you're probably grateful for).

** My Check Engine light is on again in my car. Sigh. I guess I need to break down and get it checked out. (One day, I'll post my thoughts on the stupid Check Engine light in cars. In my opinion, it's the dumbest "alert" there is in a car.)

** We were at the baseball fields for the third night in a row tonight. Tomorrow night, we'll be there again. Two kids in extra-curricular activities kind of sucks sometimes.

** If Hannah doesn't stop fighting sleep every night at bedtime, I may start spiking her milk with Benedryl before bed.

** We're all gearing up and excited for Hannah's birthday party this Sunday. It's at Libby Lu at the mall. She invited 5 or 6 little girls from daycare (all of 'em are coming) and they'll all get to dress up as princesses or rock stars, get their nails painted, get a makeover (complete with makeup, hair-do's, and accessories), get to pick 5 things off the wall (fake earrings, games, hair stuff, etc.) and then dance around and sing and act like little rock stars. It is going to be sooo cute! Both of my girls have gone their on their own, but this is the first time they'll be part of a party. Can you imagine? Six or seven little 5-year-olds and one 7-year-old all glammed up and running around like mini Hannah Montanas! Oh, the photo opportunities! [grinning like a fool]

** The truth is, what I'm most excited about is that I don't have to buy ANYTHING ahead of time. It's at the mall, so I can't bring in food or a cake (YIPPEE!). And since the party package includes each girl picking 5 free things from the store to put into their (also free) tote bags, I don't even have to do goody bags. As a mom, I couldn't be happier. I'm positively giddy with the idea that I just have to show up,  pay, and come home. Ahhhh....

** I really need to update my blog header. Hannah in her winter gear seems odd. And I've come to hate that picture of me. Maybe tomorrow? In my free time? Uh huh.

I guess that's it for now. The post in my head earlier was much longer (and funnier), but I'm afraid, it's going to stay there forever. Because I'm tired and have a shitload of stuff to do tomorrow (for work and in real life), so I need to go to bed.

But I'll leave you with my photo from Monday for Project 365. The pictures for the past 2 days are still on my camera.

Grace_Closeup_BW


Quote of the Day:
WARNING: Repeated brain usage may be harmful to others.
--rdude

2 comments:

Mary said...

Have fun at Hannah's party--we loved Libby Lu when we went at disneyland. It sucks that there are none near us. You'd better indulge us with lots of pictures....

Susan's 365 said...

I'm sure Hannah's party will be a huge success. Can't wait to see photos. Love the photo of Grace.