Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Birthday Meme

I am seriously lacking in the creative blog entry department as of late. So in order to spare you the suffering of another rambling entry about how I did nothing but sit at my computer and work all day, I decided to head on over to Tink's blog and blatantly steal a Meme that she, in no way, shape, or form tagged me for. (Thanks for that Tink. You're a real pal, lemme tell ya...) So here ya go. My latest non-creative, uninteresting blog entry. [sigh]

Birthday Meme Instructions
1. Go to
www.wikipedia.org.

2. In the Search box at the bottom of the screen, type your birth month and day (but not year).

(My birthday is May 8th.)

List 3 events that happened on your birthday.
1.
1886 - Pharmacist Dr. John Styth Pemberton invents a carbonated beverage that would later be named "Coca-Cola".
2. 1945 - WWII VE Day - The date when the Allies during World War II formally celebrated the defeat of Nazi Germany and the end of Adolf Hitler's Third Reich.
3. 1999 - Nancy Mace becomes the first female cadet to graduate from The Citadel military college.

List two important birthdays.
1.
1964 - Melissa Gilbert
2. 1975 - Enrique Iglesias

List one interesting death.
1.
535 - Pope John II

List one holiday or observance (if any).
1.
In addition to VE Day, mentioned above, it's also Parents' Day in South Korea

And now for the tagging... I tag
EE, Melissa (LOL!!), and Chelle

1 comment:

Tink said...

LOL! Wait... You WANT to be tagged? You know you've just totally screwed yourself. Now I'm going to tag you with every Meme I receive. ;)