Saturday, May 31, 2008

Jambo!

Did you know that to greet people in Swahili, you say "Jambo!" How much fun would that be? I mean, "Hi" and "Hello" are so boring compared to "Jambo!" I can just see yelling it as loudly as possible. It just seems so exciting! "JAMBO, Tink!" LOL! I think today I'll just go around yelling "JAMBO!" at people. I can probably get the kids in on it too. So we'll either make people smile and laugh, or we'll be committed to the looney bin. [shrug] It's all good.

Yesterday's weather was AMAZING! Sunny, hot, perfect for hanging out outside after the kids got home from school and Steve got home from work. Steve decided to smoke the turkey he shot the other day. Did I post the picture of that here? I probably didn't, thinking I'd offend someone or gross someone out. But too bad. I'm posting it now. Just because I think it's funny that my 4-year-old has no problem posing next to her daddy, who is holding a dead bird upside down that is larger than her. And that fact that she has a camo hat that matches her daddy's hunting clothing makes it that much better. Ahhhh... I love the redneck life.

A Girl, Her Dad and a Dead Bird

Anyway, while Steve smoked the turkey, we all just hung out in the yard by the pavilion, taking pictures (me) and playing baseball (the rest of the family). I got some awesome shots that I'm excited to start editing. I did manage to edit a few last night.

This is Steve throwing Hannah around, which is easy to do considering her size.

Fly, Little One

Then this one is Grace, fascinated with the feather she found (which happened to be from when Steve cut up the turkey on Monday, but I didn't have the heart to tell her).

Fascinating Feather

And this, my friends, is possibly my favorite picture I've taken to date. It totally cracks me up and is so typical of Grace. Makes me laugh every time I look at it. I'm totally getting it printed out and I'm framing it and hanging it the living room. It's my photo for Project 365 for yesterday.

Squishy Face

And now, I must go shower or something. We have more T-ball games and softball games today. Sigh. I'm getting a little sick of being at the ball field, but the girls have fun, so I guess that's all that matters, huh? I'm secretly hoping it starts raining before the games, but I'll deny that if my kids ask. Later, gang!


Quote of the Day:
Progress depends on people knowing they'll be able to profit from their ideas.
--Deborah Neville

2 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

Jambo! That is a cool word!

The pictures are great, especially that last one. You can also put that one up at her wedding one day.

Veronica said...

Love the black and white photo of your daughter!