Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Guys are cool.

My husband rules. In ways I can't even describe. Mother's Day weekend totally kicked serious ass for me this year.

Saturday night, we met a bunch of friends at a bar to celebrate my birthday (about 13 or 14 of us). We had SOOO much fun! The dude that sang there a few weeks ago was singing there again and we had such a blast with him last time. He was so pumped to see us there and we ended up booking him for the pig roast. He now knows our names, talks to us in the middle of singing, buys us shots from on stage, and lets us come up on stage with him and sing backup when we're really trashed and don't give a shit that we can't sing. LOL! LOVE the guy!

I swear, he's half singer, half comedian. Funny as HELL, even while he's performing, and a totally awesome personality when he's hanging out afterwards with us. I swear, if Steve was gay and this guy was gay (which he very well could be for all I know), they'd be the perfect couple. They totally crack each other up and make the rest of us pee ourselves laughing. It's awesome.

While there, Tink drunk called me, but I didn't know it until two days later because I couldn't hear my cell phone that night and didn't notice the "Missed Call" and "1 New Message" notifications on my phone until today. Dammit. I sooo wish I would've answered because we could've had a contest to see who was drunker. Sigh.

But we had a blast that night, and then stumbled home to go to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to the next morning (Mother's Day) when I woke up bleary-eyed and glanced at the clock to see it was freakin' 10:00 AM! I haven't slept that late in years, and frankly, I hate it. Half the day is gone and it makes me feel rushed the rest of the day.

So I drag my ass out of bed as Steve's pulling in the driveway from being somewhere. He hands me a Mother's Day card, which has happened once before since I became a mother almost 7 years ago. Awesome.

I shower and we head to my mom & dad's (where the girls still are from the night before). I give my mom her Mother's Day present that I made, which I must say, turned out better than I thought they would. I made her (and my MIL) hybrid scrapbooking albums, which combined digital scrapbooking with traditional scrapbooking and some crafting.

Image00009

Image00010

Image00003

Image00004

Image00008

Image00006

Image00005

We hung out there, ate cake for my birthday a few days earlier, and generally, had a good time.

From there, we headed to my MIL's house. For awhile, we were the only ones there, but then my BIL, SIL and two nephews stopped by. Sigh. My older nephew had me wanting to beat his ass (like usual) about 5 minutes into the visit, and my SIL was a total ignorant and rude bitch the entire time. While everyone else was talking, socializing, WATCHING HER DAMN KIDS, etc., she kicked off her shoes, curled her feet up under her in the living room, and watched TV. Well, excuse me, Princess, but that ain't flyin' with me. [grumble grumble] (PS: In case, by some odd miracle, you stumble across this blog one day, your highlights are so ridiculously fake that it's pathetic, your ass is getting wider, and you still have weird eyebrows. So there.)

But I digress...

We left there around dinner time and took a drive through the mountains with the girls before heading home. Just a nice, relaxing day all around.

But the BEST part of the day was when Steve told me to order one of these for myself:

image

Huh? What? Are you KIDDING, dude? Because if you are, that's just mean. But nope. He wasn't. We don't normally "do" gifts for each other, but if he was offering, there was no way in HELL I was saying no. Words cannot describe my excitement to get my hands on the sucker. I ordered the body, a lens (thank you SOOO much KF and Kelly for the lens suggestions), a camera bag, a digital card, etc. tonight and it should be arriving later this week or early next week. I've dreamed of one (literally) for years now and the fact that he knows that and offered to buy it for me means the man could very well get lucky every night for the next month if he plays his cards right. LOVE that guy!

Anyway, I hope the rest of you moms out there had an awesome Mother's Day! And those of you that aren't moms, I hope you had a nice day with your moms. And if you couldn't be with your mom for whatever reason, I hope you had a nice day anyway. :)


Quote of the Day:
False freedom leaves a man free to do what he likes; true freedom, to do what he ought.
--Anonymous

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! Those books are gorgeous. You'll have to share with us how you did that.

LotoFoto said...

With scrapbooks & photos like that you don't even NEED a new camera LOL!

Ok, and I'm wondering... do you think evil SIL is going to buy a rebel and take up photography??

Allison said...

LOL KF! Hmmm... it's possible she could very well buy one. Although, right around Christmas I believe, she bought herself a new camera. I think it's some sort of $350-$400 Kodak something or other. I don't think my BIL would go for dropping the kind of cash necessary for a Rebel. But if SHE has anything to say about it... LOL!

Susan's 365 said...

Those books are awesome! You are so talented.

Tink said...

Omg, that scrapbook is kick ass! I barely managed to wrap my Mom's store bought book in a plastic bag with painters tape. Seriously. I'm like Lady MacGyver.

Amber said...

Allison, your scrapbooks KICK BEAUTIFUL ASS! I love them! Wow.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i am happy is was so good.

(((you)))

:)

Mary said...

Aww those books turned out really nice!!!

I'm glad to see you doing "traditional" scrapping too, you always kicked ass at it :-)