Friday, May 23, 2008

Drive by post...

Soooo... I'm supposed to be working, but I also have laundry and dishes to do before Grace's softball game tonight. But I was procrastinating, so I decided to post process some more photos I had taken the past few days. I started messing around with this one I took of Grace yesterday morning:

Catchlights

Now as much as I realize the expression her face isn't the greatest, I loved the catchlights in her eyes and the fact that I had actually focused on her eyes (The new camera can be tricky and mastering your focus is a huge part of it.)

So I opened it in Photoshop and zoomed in on her eyes a bit to enhance the catchlights and sharpen the irises a bit like I always do. As I was doing that, I was sort of wondering what exactly had given her such an odd shaped catchlight. We had been standing outside, waiting for the bus in the morning and I couldn't figure out what could've given them that shape.

So I zoomed in closer. I'm so glad I did! How cool is this?!

Reflection

Do you see that? Do you know what that is? That's right folks. That's me, reflected in her eyes. I had taken the photo vertically, so that's my arm over my head, holding my camera sideways to snap the picture and the sky behind me.

I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated by this, but I think it's pretty neat.

Anyway, just wanted to post this quick. I'll post again later with my Project 365 photo for today and catch up on what's been going on around here. Happy Friday everyone! :)

4 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

That is so cool!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

That really is a fantastic shot! You so have to scrapbook that one along with the full photo.

New Camera? I missed that one. Haven't been here in awhile...what type of camera?

Happy Friday!! [TGIF, TGIF, TGIF!]

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Very cool shot! I wish I had something like this. My son and I have this thing where I tell him to look into my eyes. What do you see? "Me!" Yep, 'cause I love you so much. Sounds corny written down, but it is SO sweet!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!