Sorry gang. I'm going to play catch up here. This won't be a Highlights of the Day, per se, because this spans over several days, but it will be bulleted. As a tech writer, I'm all about the bullets. LOL!
* Steve isn't working much now (because pouring concrete in 20-degree weather is just stupid), so he's been home. When Steve's home, we do productive things. I don't always like that. LOL! So in the past few days, we've done a lot of rearranging of furniture, carried a ton of things down into the basement and up into the attic, etc. I'm tired, dammit. (But the house does look much better.)
* I adore Grace with all my heart. And there are times when she's the best kid on the planet. But if she doesn't stop with the backtalk, attitude, and bratty demeanor lately, I may have to hurt myself.
* I'm longing for spring to arrive because I'm damn sick and tired of arguing with my children about wearing short sleeves and no coats when it's 30 degrees outside. What the hell? Little freaks.
* I may finally be getting a "real" full-time job again. I took a voluntary layoff 2.5 years ago, and have been freelancing and collecting unemployment here and there since then, but I'm ready to go back. I'm tired of paying for our shitty medical insurance... I'm tired of not having any dental insurance... I'm tired of just having enough money (sometimes) to pay my bills, etc. A woman contacted me two days ago after seeing my resume online and said she wanted to talk. I called her and we did just that. It turns out she's the president of the company looking for a tech writer (I had assumed she was a recruiter) and she really seems interested in hiring me. I go in for the face-to-face interview with some writing samples on Monday, where I'm hoping to seal the deal. The kicker? I'd have to go into the office a few days a week for the first month or so, but after that, I could pretty much work from home almost full-time. AND I'd have my own company cell phone, which I find totally hilarious. LOL! It's like a dream job. So wish me luck ladies. Even if I don't get it, I imagine it'll make for some good blogging material. Remember my interviews a few years ago where I managed to make an ass out of myself repeatedly? Yup. Great memories, lemme tell ya.
* I hate to admit it, but the thing I most excited about in terms of getting a steady job again is that I finally may be able to save up and buy that D-SLR camera I've been drooling over for about 2 years now. Dare I dream?
* Steve & I watched "3:10 to Yuma" and "Mr. Woodcock" this week. Both really good and highly recommended! We've sort of become movie whores lately, so we're pumped about getting our digital cable in 2 weeks, which comes with On Demand videos. I may finally get to see all of those movies we never got around to watching.
* Steve & I have been stalking the video store lately, hoping to snag a copy of "Saw 4" to watch. Must... see... this... movie... Maybe tomorrow night?
* Every time they show updates on Heath Ledger's death on TV, I get sadder. I LOVED that guy. He reminded me of Johnny Depp (my favorite) in the types of movies he chose to act in and how much he loved his craft. I was looking forward to seeing what else he did in his life, and now, I won't ever know. (I'm not a psycho freak who gets obsessed with famous people. And I don't like, dwell on his death all day or anything. But I do think it's sad and I'm bummed about the whole thing.)
OK. That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more. I'm just too tired to remember right now. (It is after 1:00 in the morning here right now.) I'll be back tomorrow, my friends. :)
But before I go, here are my Project 365 photos from the past few days...