Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crap.

I came home from work today to find several new voice mail and email messages…

Steve’s Cousin, Trish: “Hey guys! It’s Trish! We’re so excited about the pig roast on Saturday! I just wanted to let you guys know that there will be six of us definitely coming, but possibly 8 or 10 of us! See you then!” (We encourage people to bring friends BTW….)

My friend, Danette (whom we didn’t invite until this year): “Hey Allison! Carlin and I will be coming, but it probably won’t be until around 7:00!”

Joy and Tom: “Hey guys! We’ll be there! Call and let us know if you need anything!” <—This woman used to work with my mom at the daycare, was at one point, both of my girls’ teacher, and can drink like a champ. Her and her husband are my mom’s age, are always one of the last to leave every year,  and she loves Jello shots and we had her doing beer bongs one year. I ADORE this woman. LOL!

Jason (the guy we hired to sing that we’ve become friends with): “Hey, I’m bringing the guy I’m sort of dating and I also invited 3 or 4 other friends. We’re excited! See you Saturday!”

Even our gay hair dresser and his boyfriend are coming. Seriously. This thing has spiraled out of control this year. This is both good and bad. Good, because just based on RSVP’s and new people this year, we’re probably looking at close to 150-200 people in our backyard that day. Bad because the pressure is now on to make it that much better.

Shit. Shit. Shit. I think I need to call the beer distributor in the morning and add another few kegs onto our order. [shaking head] What the hell is happening? LOL! All in all, I’m excited. I think it’s going to be SO much fun!

We’ve heard through the grapevine that our hairdresser has questioned what one wears to a pig roast. Steve & I both have haircut appointments on Friday morning. We’ve decided we’ll tell him that all guests show up in pig costumes. ROFLMAO! Seriously…. how fucking funny would that be? LOL!

Tink, if you’re serious about coming up for this thing next year, then you may have planned it perfectly. Because we’ve got a good 60 new comers this year, and if THEY all bring other people next year, etc. you could be looking at one hell of a good time. I’m bummed you’re not here this year, mind you, but hopefully, enough people will have fun this year that they all come back again. (And you & Hoop WILL stay with us here at the house if you come up. OMG! We’ll have so much freakin’ fun! LOL!)

OK. I need to get to bed.  I HAVE to make an effort to actually work tomorrow, since Friday will be shot to hell with the pig roast preparation. Tomorrow I’ll give my predictions on what I think my sister-in-law will wear that day. Later guys…

PS: I discovered tonight how stupid I really am, but I’ll get into that during tomorrow’s post. Right now, my pillow is begging for my head to hit it.

No comments: