THIRTEEN THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY...
1. Sending both girls off to school and sitting down with my laptop and my cup of coffee in the silence. Ahhhh...
2. Playing around with Internet Explorer 7 (I installed it last night) and being rather giddy with some of the cool new features.
3. Making the decision to defrost some ground beef (organic, of course) to make tacos tonight. We don't eat much red meat anymore, but dammit, I'm craving tacos and we're gonna have 'em.
4. Cashing in all of the change in the house at the CoinStar machine at the grocery store and getting back $41.00 in bills. Sweet.
5. The Burger King worker who threw three Ranch dressings into the bag to go on my crispy chicken salad (which I'm totally addicted to by the way). I always order extra dressing, but normally that means I get two, not three. It must be my lucky day. LOL!
6. Hearing MC Hammer on the radio on the way home. Hammer Time BABY! Can't touch this...
7. Hearing "LaBamba" immediately after MC Hammer, and realizing I still know every damn word of that song. Granted, I don't know what half of the words mean in English, but I can sing them in Spanish like the Latina I so long to be.
8. Eating the tacos. Mmmmm...
9. Snuggling with the girls to watch "Monster House". Why are kids always so damn warm? I'm always in a constant state of freezing, so feeling their warm hands/faces/feet/etc. always makes me smile.
10. Remembering to set the VCR to record CSI. I forget every flippin' week, so the fact that I now have an hour's worth of good television to watch another night this week makes me happy.
11. Breyer's Cyclone Caramel Tracks ice cream. Mmmm... an orgasm in a container.
12. Watching Hannah run around the house in Grace's old witch's hat and cape, yelling that she's Nanny McPhee.
13. Beer. Beer is always something to smile about.