Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hello, gang.

I'm here! I'm here! (I said that as if you all care, didn't I? Yeah... that's the ol' superiority complex coming out again. I'm working on that.)

Anyway, I can't believe the weekend is over already. Holy crap! I can't say I'm not happy about it. The weather sucked, the girls were out of flippin' control for about 97% of it, and tonight (just tonight), I've decided that all men suck ass. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with them? I'd give just about anything for like 1 day inside one of their heads, just so I could possibly figure out what the hell they're thinking most of the time. I mean, are they really that dumb? [sigh] Ok. Ok. Enough of the man bashing. I actually like men. For real. (Just ask any of my college friends. They'll tell ya. And they've got proof.) But all kidding aside... what is your problem? Anyway... moving on...

I've decided that my family and I are going to try that new lifestyle that everyone's talking about. The one where we don't eat at all. Because given the cost of flippin' groceries these days, I've decided that eating isn't really necessary, right? My god. I ran to the grocery store today and grabbed maybe 20 things. And please understand that 4 of those things were packs of Ramen at 14-cents each, and 5 others were cans of catfood at 5 for a $1.00. And the bill was still $80. What... the... hell? So I'm in the process of trying to convince Steve that yes, organic is good, but no food at all is even better.

I was impressed with Hannah who went from drawing just large, circular scribbles on a piece of paper, to drawing people, complete with all body parts, including hair in just the past 3 days. Screw Picasso (did I even spell that right?...)... Hannah's in the house, yo.

I also decided that women, despite my glowing post of them a few weeks ago, really do suck. First they're your friends. Then they're not. Then they are to your face, but not when you turn around. Then they sort of are, but only if you're not still friends with so-and-so who did something to your second cousin twice removed 10 years ago. Again, I ask... what the hell?

I admit, I've been guilty of every scenerio I've mentioned above. But it was when I was like, oh, I dunno... like 13. Now if I've been friends with someone and we're not anymore, it's because they either... A) Did something I felt was totally uncalled for... B) Directly tried to harm me or piss me off in some way... or C) We just drifted apart and there are no real hard feelings... we just don't really have much to talk about anymore. Regardless of which of the above three things I've mentioned, it usually just resulted in me saying what I needed to say and moving on (or saying nothing at all and moving on). What's with the constant bashing of people, the ignorant comments, and the sly little remarks on blogs/in person/in emails/etc. Am I the naive one? Because I live in Allison's World, where everyone doesn't get along, but people accept that some people don't like them and that's the way the world works. It doesn't make me self-righteous, or egotistical, or even a bitch. It's just that I don't like you and you don't like me. That's cool. Rock on with your bad self. I feel it's good if we can agree not to like each other and we move along. Apparently, however, I'm the only one living in "Allison's World."

So tell me, is my "screw it" attitude a bad thing? Because I always looked at it as a good thing... You don't like me? Shit. That sucks. [shrug] Ok, then. It was nice knowing you while I did and I'm sorry that's how things worked out, but I wish you well... Apparently, that's not how the real world works though. Huh. Weird.

At this point, I would just like to once again thank the inventors of Marlboro Lights and Miller Lite. Although I may change my tune when my two children are old enough to be enticed by your evil offerings, for now, I would just like to offer you my praise.

Um, I guess that concludes tonights ramblings. Please keep in mind that we always start drinking on a Sunday when the Steelers game starts, and well, it started at 4:00 today, so... Yeah. Um, see ya tomorrow...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Allison! Sounds like you did not have all that great a weekend! Men suck, grocery stores suck, your friends (or I guess your old friends) suck! Damn girl, I hope you loaded up on the Miller Lite! On top of all that, your Steelers lost to the pitiful, lazy, just plain-awful Oakland Raiders! Yikes!!! :-)

Allison said...

OMG GB! Wasn't that game horrible? LOL! Dear lord, they need to bench Rothlesburger (sp?) for the rest of the season. He's sucked every week. Eh... at least it was an exciting game at the end, so it was fun to watch. LOL!

Oh, and men don't suck anymore. Mine apologized. ;)

Grocery stores still suck though. And my old friends don't really suck. They just need to learn to let things go. LOL!

Good to see you around. :)

Allison

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they really need to bench Big Ben! I know he won it for them last year, but he is REALLY stinking it up this year. I don't know if it is the motorcycle crash, the concussions, or what.......but he sucks this year! Give Charlie a shot!

Oh, and I am glad to hear that things have turned around!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Hannah! Glad to hear that DH apologized. Must have been a good weekend for it. Mine followed about the same pattern just in time to salvage the weekend.

Allison's World sounds like a nice place.

geenalyn said...

I like Allison's World....i'm up for living there

FishFam said...

You are too funny. I could hang in Allison's world.

Gracey said...

Your world is not too bad; I'm a bit of a chicken though....I could only tell someone I really didn't like them if they made me really really upset. :)

Amber said...

Nope you are not the dumb one. I am so prone to just straight out tell people to fuck off, if I think they are assheads, though. And then just not be around them anymore. I don't think I go out of my way to bug people, but if I am pushed, I will most of the time get pissy. But then it's over. Whatever. What I hate about women if the passive-agressive crap. Grow some balls and say what you want to say, or shut up. Seriously.
And if you don't like someone, leave them alone. There are people I decided I did't care for, and I just stop reading their blogs.(I did return one WAY out of line OUT OF NO WHERE email), and now I just pretend they don't extist. Easy pleasy.
I love women... but I wish they were more like dudes.

:)

Kimmykay said...

Allison's world sounds like Kimmykays world. I just don't get how people can't just live and let live. I'm fine if you don't like me or my choices but to tie yourself up in it just doesn't make sense. It pisses me off to know that people have problems with me but NEVER say a word except to others. Puh-leaze! Grow up. Rock on Allison!