Friday, September 29, 2006

Now I feel bad...

I just got home from the vet with Salinger. The little shit still had fleas (not his fault), so I bought the "good stuff" from the vet and hopefully the fleas will at least stay off of him and Cooter. But he had a HUGE weight loss (which I knew). He went from 18 lbs. a few months ago... 6 maybe... to a scrawny 10.5 lbs. The vet is thinking either kidney failure or thyroid. Once I also said that Salinger seems to be DYING for water all the time, he said again that it could very well be kidney failure. On the way home, I was still thinking it might be thyroid (and not sure how I felt about that), and I remembered how one night about a month ago, he was lying behind me on the hardwood floor and just peed. Didn't stand up or anything. Just out came a ton of pee. Didn't even seem to notice. [sigh] So yeah, I'm betting it's kidney failure, which means he may not be with us much longer. I have mixed feelings on that and I guess I'll wait for the lab results before I start feeling either way about it.

While I was at the vet, the exterminator was here at the house with Steve giving an estimate. Um yeah... it would be $350!!! WTH? I'll pay it if I have to, but he also said that NOTHING can be on the floors except heavy furniture. Um, yeah. If you saw my house, you'd know that prepping the place would literally take a WEEK. [sigh] So now that the cat's will be treated properly, I think I'm going to try some of the bombs before I start shelling out the big bucks. At least then I'll know that we tried everything before dropping that kind of cash. Jesus.

Oh yeah, there's no way on god's green earth that I'm going to meet my deadline. No... flippin'.... way....

1 comment:

Gracey said...

Sorry to hear about the kitty. I thought it may be the kidney failure because thats what our Charlie had too but didn't want to go that far on the comment yesterday. :( Poor baby; I hate to see any animal suffer!