Sunday, July 16, 2006

OK. Apparently, when one is trying to cram...

70 hours of work in during the week, while also being a mom full-time, there is no spare time to blog. Dammit. This is going to be another quick and dirty post because I have a big rough draft due tomorrow, I haven't started it, and both girls are going to be home all day so I'm not forseeing much work getting done). A lot of you have already seen this on our Mom boards, so please don't feel the need to comment again. I appreciate all of the nice things you've already said. :)

Well, we finally have some of the lights in as of yesterday (as opposed to the bare lightbulbs that have been there for months... LOL!) Steve installed the three pendant lights over the island and a really cool light in the entry way inside the backdoor. They're all brushed nickel to match the hardware on our drawers and doors.

Oh, and the kitchen is red now. LOL!

In these pictures, please ignore the ugly ass barstools. [sigh] I've mentioned it before, but we borrowed them from my mother-in-law until we find some that match and that we really like. I HATE them, but they provide somewhere to sit, so what can you do, ya know? LOL!

And my MIL and I are going shopping this week for curtains, so those will be added soon too. :)

Thanks for looking!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Belynda said...

That looks so awesome! Great job, guys!

Hope your rough draft goes well since the kiddos will be home with you!

Renfield said...

The lights look great, Alien!! Your kitchen rocks!

Tink said...

Oooooh, perdy. And so sue me, I don't think the chairs are that bad. Kind of functional with kids. I remember the backless stools that tumbled me on quite a few occasions.

Kim said...

Very, very nice. The red looks great. And I love the painted ceiling! (Was it a bitch to paint?)

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE it! It looks so crisp and so warm at the same time. It's wonderful! Congrats! Can you paint the barstools? I don't they are are horrible, but maybe you could paint them. Or I just saw some cool ones in the fall '06 Potterybarn. ;)

:)

Anonymous said...

your kitchen is AWESOME!!!!! LOVE the red!!!!!!